• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes rimfire scope suggestion

What model of 22LR rifle is it? What will you do with your rifle? Hunt? Plink? Long range? What’s your budget? Need some more info to give you a legitimate recommendation.

In that price range, I’m not as familiar with options for a good variable scope. I think guys have been using Bushnell Nitro scopes with decent results for the money. I think there could be some Athlon’s in that range that may work too. Maybe someone else can chime in.

For that price range, the fixed SWFA’s are nice as they track well, and have plenty of adjustment range to get a 22 out to 300 without a 20 MOA base.

Athlon Argos BTR 6-24 is one I was considering in that budget range. I doubled my budget so I never pulled the trigger on it but that’s what I would have gotten.

The MAP's about double your budget range, but are the least expensive Athlons I've bought - 6-24x50 Midas TAC - are darned fine scopes for 22RF. Never tried one of the 4-16x44 versions, but MAP is still $590. The Midas HMR 2.5-15x50 is sfp, but is still MAP at $490. Only reason I'm tossing scopes above your budget at you is because I've had excellent results out of the 6-24x50 Midas TAC scopes on several 22RF rifles as well as a couple of CF Howa Mini customs chambered for 6.5 Grendel & 22 Grendel.

Cabelas runs their Covenant 7, 3-21x on sale for $300 once and awhile and a lot of 22 guys like that option if they are doing the NRL22 Base Class with MSPR limits. Lots of great options just not at $300, Midas Tac, Bushnell Match Pro, big thing with a 22 scope is to make sure the parallax goes down to at least 25 yards, lots of options only go down to 50yds.

Academy sports right now has some very interesting prices on Athlon products once you add them to the cart, significantly below MAP, but still hard to get anything other than the Argos under $300

I just picked up an athlon ares btr 2.5-15 to put on my sons 22. Haven’t mounted it yet, but peaking through it is impressive for the price point and feels well built. I think Doug has them for $550 or so.

I've got a bushnell nitro 5-20 on my 457. I'm very pleased with it so far.