• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Rimfire scopes from the late 80s for nylon 66

rawdeal77

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2011
Dallas & Lubbock, Tx
I was digging through the gun closet at my parents house and came across the Remington nylon 66 that my grandfather gave me for my 10th birthday in 1987.

As a kid, I remember always wishing the gun had a scope on it, so I wanted to see it done before I pass the gun to my son. And yes, I am aware of the potential issues with mounting a scope on the nylon 66 in its tendency to not hold zero.

Notwithstanding, I'd like to use a period-correct scope (from the late 80s) that would have normally been used on this firearm. I was thinkin maybe a 2-7x japanese made tasco, but I truly have no clue.

Any suggestions, prefereably specific models or particular ways to tell they are from this era?

Also, what about rings?--I'm guessing weaver tip-offs.

Re: Rimfire scopes from the late 80s for nylon 66

Since you know about the scoping issues with the Nylon 66, you are ahead of the game.

I would look for one of the older Weaver K-4 scopes or even a Weaver K-3. They would be period perfect for that rifle and they have good glass. They can usually be found for less than $ 75.00 shipped. Check rimfirecentral for a used one.

I have an older Winchester model 75 that I have a K-4 scope on. It is a great squirrel rifle.

Re: Rimfire scopes from the late 80s for nylon 66

PM me if you want to go steel tube weaver, I have a couple extras.