• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Rimfire small game scope - Bushnell Nitro?

NHR

Private
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2018
I've been wanting a decent adjustable paralax scope for my 22. Rifle sees use plinking out to 200 yards and lots squirrel hunting.

Currently it wears a Weaver 3-10 SFP Mil Dot scope which is great, but has fixed 100yd paralax. Not a problem in the woods but sucks for short range plinking.
Camerland had a killer deal on the Nitro 2.5-10 FFP Mil. Reticle looks usable, turrets are capped, and paralax goes down to 10 yards.

Any thoughts on using this scope for dual duty plinking and small game hunting? Or using FFP for small game in general?

I’ve been looking at these the same reason you have. Price and parallax. My only hang ups is the FFP for squirrels. I could see in certain situations and lighting finding the crosshairs on low power and the squirrel could be problematic. That’s more when the squirrel is moving on you I’m of course. That and the weight. 24 ounces is a little heavier than I would like, but not a deal breaker. For $200 bucks still thinking about getting one. For that price the scope it’s versatile enough to try and then use as backup, beater rifle, or truck gun if doesn’t work out.