• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Rimfire Trainer Optic - Wotac vs. Millett

kindred_spirits

Private
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2009
Jamison, PA
I'm currently putting together a .22lr trainer rifle (Savage MK II TR). I am debating between the Wotac 4-14x50 and the Millett TRS-1.

For those who have owned both, which has the better glass?

Or is there a better option in the 200-400 price range?

Re: Rimfire Trainer Optic - Wotac vs. Millett

SWFA SS 16X.
If its a trainer you will need a scope that is solid and repeatable. Rimfires deserve no less quality than centerfires if they are going to be used for quality training.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kindred_spirits</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
For those who have owned both, which has the better glass?

</div></div>

If someone's had both, they should have bought one good scope to begin with.

Thanks for your input.

I prefer a variable scope though, I plan on shooting from 25 - 200 yds.

The scope on my main stick is a NF NXS 3.5-15x50 MOA/MOA with the NPR1.

I was thinking the WOTAC would be somewhat similar in reticle/turrets.

i would also look into the nitrex tr2. i just got one (from a hide recomendation) and am extreamly pleased. i do with they had better recticle options.

i got mine from nanchez and i believe the price was 350 with a 100 dollar mail in rebate so 250ish.

MOA/MOA is going to drive your selection then.

btw I alway recomend the SWFA SS's (old style) because they focus down to 20-30ft and are way reliable.

I have a millet trs 1 and would buy the 10x bushnell(?) with mil/mil if I had to do over. Trs1 is mil-dot accurate at 10x, making the extra power kinda wasted, and the image through the scope gets really bad last 10x anyway. Big magnification knob is clunky too. If not the bushel ( I think it was a bushbell... On sale at midway right now), then probably a SS. If you desalt want the millet even after my rant, I'll put it in the for sale section and well work it out
wink.gif

Well... I just placed an order for the Wotac. Seems like the best trainer optic for my NF.

Thanks for everyones input!

I believe that you will be far happier with the WOTAC over the Millet. I had the Millet TRS-1 a WHOLE week. And I only had it that long because I received it on a Monday...

Enough said.

DK

I have a WOTAC on my Savage Mark 2 and on my Ruger 10-22.It is a great trainer scope to match my Nightforce NPR1.I think you made a great choice in my humble opinion.Have fun shooting!