• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimx aftermarket mag evolution

Thesepaperwings

Guy talking too much at the range....
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2021
Kansas City
I just wanted to start by saying that the rimx was by far the hardest action to make a working mag for!

Lessons learned:

1) Spring pressure is crucial. We found that too much spring pressure was causing the rounds to pop up too fast and unless you run the bolt fast it jumped in front of the extractor. Solution was to simple make it a 13rd mag instead of a 14rd mag like the vudoo guys.

2) Angle was more crucial lol. The new feed lips are a total 180 in the sense that before we relied on the material flexing to feed smooth and now we changed it to an injection so it's solid and repeatable. The rimx needs a consistent angle every time or it doesn't have a hope.

3) People drop mags WAY more than I thought. The printed mags were always getting broken and I couldn't believe people always dropped them. The new mag has billet baseplate, billet latch and the same material as a PMAG for the body.

10rd'ers for those of us stuck in places that suck?
(I actually want them for Vudoo, but it goes for all of us)

10rd'ers for those of us stuck in places that suck?
(I actually want them for Vudoo, but it goes for all of us)
They'll be ready by next month lol. Same price unfortunately but we got that request from a few guys so knocked it out

Reactions: Vodak
would be awesome to see a 20rd mag or extension

Oddly, my Ultimatum Deuce mags work better than my RimX mags for my RimX in a KRG Bravo. Not without effort though, it certainly was not plug and play.

If you need a drop tester, I've never had a range day or match when I didn't drop a mag....

I'll take a 15 or 20 round b14r mag next....