• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RimX Bore Guide?

I‘m a technician and have numerous torque wrenches. I purchased the Zermatt action rod too.
So l assume you see no Problem in barrel removal for cleaning at all right?
That makes the RimX even more valuable to me. Cleaning the B14r just in the chamber area is little pain in the a**

Very valuable information to me, thank you sir.

Some very fine rifles you got there by the way...

Reactions: reubenski
We are working on a dedicated RimX Bore Guide, in the mean time if you remove the ejector (one T-10 screw) you can use one for a Remington 700.
- Aaron

Any news in that rod guide Aaron?

Just wondering if I should order one from you guys, if its available any time soon (maybe it is already) or go down the path of machining one myself!

See post #3, no bore guide needed

O well... i would just like to have the guide if one exists so i don't have to remove the barrel...

But i get it, that this is not a simple task to curve the rod around the ejector!

I guess i'll just order the action key then... 😶

Reactions: Schütze
Contact Zermatt they'll send you one out..I picked one up from them for my lefty action.

It all depends on YOUR preference regarding to how often you want to clean the barrel. Many of us like myself shoot thousands of rounds before cleaning the barrel. If you like to clean every couple of hundred rounds, than most likely a guide would be in order.

Yup I hear ya, 22lr doesn't need much maintenance in my op. Cleaning schedule for my 22lr's is few and far but as far as the bore guide I figured hell why not and if I can help a brother out with some info then kudos.

Any news in that rod guide Aaron?

Just wondering if I should order one from you guys, if its available any time soon (maybe it is already) or go down the path of machining one myself!
We do have them available. They're not available online yet so you'll need to send us an email to get one ordered. When you send the email requesting one, please include your phone number and billing/shipping address and if your action is right or left handed.

The bore guides run $25 + shipping.

Thank you - Ray

RimX rod guide -

0ep4gJCh.jpg

I think a .17cal RimX rod guide will be used significantly more on the 17WSM actions... as they require MUCH higher barrel maintenance. Over 10,000 rounds on my initial 22lr RimX and I still have not cleaned the barrel since it was new... and it still shoots in the .0's and .1's. Conversely, 17WSM needs cleaned more like a centerfire would.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scobes
We do have them available. They're not available online yet so you'll need to send us an email to get one ordered. When you send the email requesting one, please include your phone number and billing/shipping address and if your action is right or left handed.

The bore guides run $25 + shipping.

Thank you - Ray
So these are right/left hand specific? Can’t just turn them 180 degrees?

Solvent hole in relation to the little arm probably
There is no solvent hole so you can use it either way. I suppose you could drill or mill one yourself once you decide on the orientation being made of derlin but I haven't bothered at this point.

Seems like it should be pretty easy to mill dual slots and stamp R on one side and L on the other for alignment purposes.

You only need to manufacture one bore guide that way.

So I have the bore guide, but my problem is the guide is too short. When it’s fully inserted the open end is right above the trigger. And when a solvent soaked patch is forced into the guide it squeezes out excess solvent and drops it right down into the trigger. This can’t be good for the trigger. Anyone notice this, or are there different lengths?

So I have the bore guide, but my problem is the guide is too short. When it’s fully inserted the open end is right above the trigger. And when a solvent soaked patch is forced into the guide it squeezes out excess solvent and drops it right down into the trigger. This can’t be good for the trigger. Anyone notice this, or are there different lengths?
I just lay a folded peice of blue shop towel behind the opening above the trigger.

Reactions: gk6654