• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RimX Build (how to)

Shootermagavin

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2024
Dallas
I've got a Trigger Tech Diamond, and an MDT chassis.

I need a cut barrel, RimX action, and what wrenches/tools in order to make sure I do this the right way?

I've put together a few AR15's in the past so I'm not totally clueless; I just need a dirty run down as this is my first bolt-gun build.

Allen wrenches and an action wrench are all you really need. You might be able to get away with tightening the barrel down without the action wrench since the torque spec isn't that high (I still prefer to use an action wrench). The action comes with a no-go gauge to verify fitment.

@Shootermagavin Barrel Vice and Action Wrench are all you should really need aside from common tools. I'm assuming you have a torque wrench seeing that you've done ARs in the past. You can get the Zermatt Arms TL3/Origin/RimX Action Wrench or one of the R700 ones that wraps around the action body. However I don't know how to get exact torque on one of those.

Zermatt Wrench:
1706211553415.png

R700 Wrench
1706211429617.png
1706211487560.png

Blue Mountain did a video on it that I found helpful when I was looking at going the RimX route:

Last edited:
Any specificity in ordering the barrel to make sure it mates correctly?

"pre-fit"? Or what's my buzz word to make sure its retrofitted correctly?

Any specificity in ordering the barrel to make sure it mates correctly?

"pre-fit"? Or what's my buzz word to make sure its retrofitted correctly?

You're looking for "Pre-Fit RimX barrels" specifically. Loads of options out there depending on how much you want to spend. Some get mixed reviews but there is a lot of talk about barrels in the RimX Action thread here - https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/new-from-zermatt-arms-rimx-actions.6978679/

There are also a ton of custom barrel makers out there that do RimX Prefits like Modacam and DI. Those would involve a longer wait time but definitely some of the best quality. I think Modacam uses Mullerworks and Krieger blanks. Keystone also offers a lot of options and get good reviews.

Reactions: al22300