• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimx proof prefit?

DynamicAccuracy

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
May 6, 2017
Mexico, MO
I had a gen2 vudoo with a 20" kukri for nrl22 and it didn't balance well at all. Had it in probably 7 different stocks and chassis and it was always rear heavy. I want something that will be close to the same weight and balance as my centerfire match rifles and since I run proof competition contours on TL3 actions already it makes sense but I'm wondering how well the proof rimx prefits shoot and work. I know a rimx was plagued with feeding issues for awhile but I think by now that's been addressed and resolved. Thanks for the input.

You could just get your vudoo rebarelled to a 1.25" straight or whatever contour you have on your CF action.

RimX prefits are upto the gunsmith who did the work on the chamber etc. I'd recommend your Vudoo getting rebarelled or your RimX prefit done by Modacam Custom Rifles @jelrod1 .

Random RimX prefit from random gunsmith isn't going to shoot like your Vudoo. RimX prefit from Modacam will equal / do better.

I'm still partial to a Vudoo which is why both mine are custom barreled Vudoos now.

You could just get your vudoo rebarelled to a 1.25" straight or whatever contour you have on your CF action.

RimX prefits are upto the gunsmith who did the work on the chamber etc. I'd recommend your Vudoo getting rebarelled or your RimX prefit done by Modacam Custom Rifles @jelrod1 .

Random RimX prefit from random gunsmith isn't going to shoot like your Vudoo. RimX prefit from Modacam will equal / do better.

I'm still partial to a Vudoo which is why both mine are custom barreled Vudoos now.
It's already been sold. Traded it to a friend for a scope

Only reason I asked about the proof prefits was because I've had really good luck with them on centerfire builds. But wasn't sure if the rimfire barrels were as good or not. I know rimfires are a different animal than centerfires

For the price point, if you get one for like $350 then I guess it's okay. It's a pretty generic chamber. Shoot like .4-.5" at 50yds 10 shot groups.

Modacam prefits are going to be around 700 or so, but it'll be the one shooting the .2-3's.

So comes down to how competitive you are and how much you care. A lot of times the wind call is what is going to be your miss. I chase small groups, even though I know it's not all that relevant in a PRS setting, I still like seeing tiny groups on paper :)

I had a gen2 vudoo with a 20" kukri for nrl22 and it didn't balance well at all. Had it in probably 7 different stocks and chassis and it was always rear heavy. I want something that will be close to the same weight and balance as my centerfire match rifles and since I run proof competition contours on TL3 actions already it makes sense but I'm wondering how well the proof rimx prefits shoot and work. I know a rimx was plagued with feeding issues for awhile but I think by now that's been addressed and resolved. Thanks for the input.
The short answer is the Proof barrel will do just fine. Spend a little time tuning your magazines and there will be no feeding issues.

The long answer is, how much can you afford to spend to see a little improvement? Below is a link to the most accurate 22lr barrel I own.

http://www.primalrights.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=155

I have been here long enough to know better and should be banned but will be warned. Do it again and you will be banned.

Picked up a comp profile prefit from MHS and put it on my RimX. Shoots a ragged hole at 50 yds, and stacks rounds at 275 on an 8" plate. For the price, I think they're an excellent value. Would buy again.