• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Ring and mount experts

GONIF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2011
PHOENIX ,AZ
I need to mount a Weaver 3-15x50 FFP EMDR on a .308 AR .A CMMG .308 custom rifle with a FF handguard and magpul PRS stock. I have always mounted my scopes on hunting rifles so they are as low as possible . What is the best way to mount this scope on this rifle ? It will never need to be taken off .It should be solid and semi permanant. I also need it to be under $150.00 . I was thinking Seekins low 30mm rings .Any one have any imput ?

Re: Ring and mount experts

You absolutely do not use low rings on AR style rifles. You use the highest rings. I think the JP Enterprise mount should fit your criteria. Either that or the Burris PEPR.

I now have a Smith & WESSON scope and an old Colt B Square 1 inch mount on it and it works prety good . So you are saying being close to the bore center is not as good on an AR ?

Went with the JP ,thanks.My 2 Armalites have the Armalite mount .