• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Ring/bolt interference on a CZ457?

Wildernessjeep

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2020
I'm trying to mount a scope on a new CZ457. I'd rather not mount a picatinny or QD mount, because these will be forever matched and I'd like to get into some light competition shooting with it. I have a couple of extra leupold and primary arms scopes. Both are 34mm tubes with medium sized lenses. My problem so far is that I can't find a set of rings that will mount directly to the CZ without interfering with the bolt handle. I thought about grinding off some material from the right rear ring, but wanted to check here first to see what the pros are doing.

(Note: the scope in the picture is not the scope I'll be using, I just mounted it to test the trigger settings and position.)

20200404_160742.jpg

20200404_160731.jpg

See if you could get a set of rings with enough Lift to give you the room you need !! To not touch the Bolt !!

See if you could get a set of rings with enough Lift to give you the room you need !! To not touch the Bolt !!

The handle isn't hitting the scope, it is hitting the ring where it clamps to the rifle. I could put the rearward ring in front of the bolt, but then that interferes with the scope knobs.

They also make A offset Ring mount that would move your rear mount back and maybe give you just enough room to clear it !!

The rear ring is usually mounted on the rear bridge, in front of the bolt. You’re going to have to move the scope forward. It shouldn’t be a problem if that scope has 3.5-4” of eye relief.

Reactions: beetroot
I don’t understand why you wouldn’t add a area419 base. Seems like a much more rigid mounting solution with many many more quality ring options. Plus it’ll look snazzy with your matching bolt knob. Lol. I have the 30moa base and run seekins low 30mm on my 457 that’s pretty similar to yours same stock, bolt knob etc. and have zero issue.

Reactions: acudaowner
I went with the area 419 rail the build for the 457
it fit rather nicely and was not an arm and leg to buy went with the 30moa then when I found out I could not zero with it I got the 15moa and have been loving it ever since .

Reactions: HUNTERVASSER