• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ring Height! CADEX Competition Chasis, 20MOA NF 52mm Obj.

nfngun

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2011
NY
Ok anybody set up something similar? I need an idea of ring height.

I need to clear the for-end of a CADEX Competition Chassis, 20MOA rail on the action, scope will be NF competition 30 mm Tube 52mm Obj.

Last edited:
My setup is slightly different but will give you an idea to go from and compare.

Tikka w/mountain tactical 20moa rail
Cadex field competition
Razor 56mm obj with Aadland caps
Seekins 34mm 1.45 AR height rings.

With this setup I am at the lowest position on the cheek riser but I tend to need more riser height to be comfortable, meaning a longer face my not get the cheek riser low enough.

The scope itself clears the front tube with the caps on, however if i add the sunshade it wont clear with the caps on. I had to file the bottom of the caps to get some daylight in between. I would have benefited from a 1.5 in mount in more clearance with sunshade and having more room to adjust cheek riser. Or maybe using a Cadex 20moa rail which look to be thicker than the mountain tactical I already had on it prior to getting the Cadex would have helped me getting a little more height.

I think you would be fine scope clearance wise with any of the AR height 1.45 mount but cheek riser height maybe an issue.
Hope this helps.

Your response is much appreciated ... I was hoping to avoid AR height but it seems to be the nature of the beast with chassis.

I think you would be fine scope clearance wise with any of the AR height 1.45 mount but cheek riser height maybe an issue.
Hope this helps.

No problem. I'm not saying you can't get away with slightly lower since you have a smaller objective but it may not be possible to get your cheek rest low enough with lower than AR height from just what I've experienced with mine.

I have the field comp chassis, the Cadex tall 20 moa base and some leopolds that are just under 1”. This works, but it’s hard to get the bikini caps on. Also, I’m having trouble with eye relief, so........ I’m gonna trade out for some rings that are at least 1.25” tall.

I have the field comp chassis, the Cadex tall 20 moa base and some leopolds that are just under 1”. This works, but it’s hard to get the bikini caps on. Also, I’m having trouble with eye relief, so........ I’m gonna trade out for some rings that are at least 1.25” tall.

Edit: forgot to mention that I have a nightforce with a 56mm objective.

I aired on the side of caution and just ordered a set of Night Force Steel 1.375 ... If too high i'll trade them out for 1.25

Update: trade out done. Seekins extra-high works like a charm.