• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Ring Height for Bushnell XRS Scopes

ROCKer

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 17, 2005
Madison,MS
I'm mounting several new Bushnell scopes on Templar and Remington actions. The rails are 20 MOA Badger rails and the barrels are PSS countour and M40. What size rings do I need for each combination?

I am picking up an XRS and would also like to know the height in relation to the ADM QD mounts. I believe the SL works for the HDMR but not sure on the XRS.
02.jpg

I am picking up an XRS and would also like to know the height in relation to the ADM QD mounts. I believe the SL works for the HDMR but not sure on the XRS.
View attachment 5156

The Recon SL is 1.19" from the top of the rail to the center line of the optic on the 34mm version. If we assume the external diameter of the XRS is 56mm (50mm objective plus 3mm per side bell width) then the XRS will have 1.1" from center line of the scope to the edge of the bell. As such the SL mount should fit on rifle with a long rail (such as a SCAR or AR10 with front rail) without issue (though adding butler creek flip caps would be tight). If mounted on a Remington 700 then it will gain additional clearance because the mount adds height and the barrel contour starts to drop away from the optic (on most 700 builds).