• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Ring height for tikka ctr/56mm bell (cant measure yet)

Macintosh

Private
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2018
Have a tikka CTR coming and would like to get rings on the way before I receive it. Assuming the barrel will get replaced with a larger contour at some point, what ring height are people using with this setup with a 20moa base, 56mm x 34mm scope with butler creek covers? Looking at vortex, seekins rings mainly, looks like options are .92”, 1.0”, 1.1”, 1.25”. Guessing either 1.1 or 1.25 will work, but figured someone may have this setup already and could say for sure. I’d prefer lowest that will work with an MTU or similar barrel contour, which may be a little higher than a standard CTR could get away with.
Thanks in advance.

I went with their high (1.1 I think?) And a 30 moa rail. Works great with my barrel and scope. I have a 56mm objective on the cronus as well. A small gap but that should provide clearance with your mtu contour barrel.

Thanks tunnah—whose high rings are you using? Seems one brands high is different from another's. Thanks!

Reactions: Tunnuh
These are the Vortex branded Seekins rings at 1.1" if it's any help.
Defiance Deviant action w/ 20 MOA rail, Krieger M24 barrel, Vortex Razor Gen2 4.5-27x56 34mm, Aadmount caps

bb.jpg

Last edited:
That doesn’t look much like an ATACR but I love the rest of the setup regardless!

Haha, sorry!!!

Space cadet - have moved to all ATACR scopes on my rifles for a good while now; was on auto-repsonse. Will fix.

I ran Talley lows on mine with an XRS w/50mm Objective and had plenty of clearance.
Im running an MTU on my ARC Nucleus with a 56mm objective and a Spuhr 1.1" mount and I could easily run a .92" ring height.

I have Warne MT high rings, with a 30mm/50mm and a 20MOA rail. Plenty of room even with a medium Palma barrel, I'm planning to drop down to 0.87" rings and still have a comfortable amount of room, 3mm more bell radius and a cap shouldn't be an issue.

My first post. I usually am a lurker here but literally just mounted my SB 5-25x56 on my CTR with the Mountain Tactical 20 MOA rail and Seekins low (0.92”) rings. I hade the scopemounted to the factory rail with Seekins medium rings but wanted to reduce the distance between the barrel. I now have about 1/8” clearance between barrel and Butler Creek dust caps. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• 95718122-4D61-4804-A873-44F271E03FE3.jpeg
    95718122-4D61-4804-A873-44F271E03FE3.jpeg
    299.3 KB · Views: 302
Reactions: vadim and W8RZ
I run a CTR/Athlon Cronus(56mm), stock rail, w/ NF Ultralight mediums and they have about 1/8" clearance. A heavier contour barrel ould required High rings for sure.