• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Ring height question??

Tom Ohlsen

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2001
Potter, WI.
Bought a Rem .223 5-R and was planning on using a Leupold 6.5-20x LR, the one with the 30mm tube and the 40 objective. I have TPS low HRT rings on it now, but the scope is to high, I have to lift my head off the stock to see thru the scope. Any ideas for lower rings??

Tom

Re: Ring height question??

Sounds like you need a Karsten cheek weld or something to give you proper cheekweld like a the Karsten. You could also look at getting a lower base.

Yup.

Just like this:
P6120011.jpg

I think they are 60 bucks if I remember correctly.

I have seen this picture before. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yup.

Just like this:
P6120011.jpg

I think they are 60 bucks if I remember correctly.</div></div>

I love the new Choate tac stocks. Looks good with the Karsten attached. Sold mine though...it was a little to heavy for my flavor.

Forgot to add what a nice stick you had in the choate.

Thanks!

I have to be honest, for the money the Choate is a hell of a stock. Its no MCM, but you aren't paying 700 bones.

They used to be only 169. Now they are 250. They were more of a bargain before, but still not bad. I got that one and added the Karsten for 35 bucks (it was used). And BAM, a 200 dollar fully adjustable tactical stock. GAP did the metal work (hung the Krieger on the Stiller TAC 30) and I am VERY happy with it.

Agree. The choate when I bought mine was $170. Just couldnt justify carrying around all day in the woods. Its an excellent prone bench stock for sure.