• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ring height - Vudoo V22, 40 MOA rail, Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50

Lone star Shooter

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2018
What is the minimum ring height for the combination of Vudoo V22 action, Vudoo 40 MOA rail, Vudoo ACE MTU barrel, Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 scope with sun shade and scope cap?

Normally I would create a CAD layout but my CAD program is not running.

Actual pics and measurements would be nice too.

Are you only concerned about the barrel, or also considering any sort of NV bridge, enclosed fore-end, etc?

If I was running the defender caps on my Vortex Razor AMG, I ran the Seekins .92" rings. .87" were touching with the caps.

If I wanted to clear the MDT ACC Mirage Shield, I upped my rings to 1.3"

You can do .87" if you're talking about aesthetics. Otherwise go as high as what makes you feel comfortable. The less arching of the neck the better, so going low isn't really good. All of my rifles are now running 1.5"

This was .87" with the Vortex. I'm also running a kukri profile, so your MTU is slightly larger. I'd go with the .92 or just 1" rings.

1617568950826.png

Don't fall into the "low as you can get" trap. Frank's video here explains why.

I use 1.26" Vortex PMR rings on all my rifles except one (where a Spuhr 1-piece mount came for "free"). I have a Razor 4.5-27x56 (34mm tube, sunshade) on my Vudoo with 20" Ace/Kukri and 30MOA rail. Your 40MOA rail is going to tilt the objective closer to your thicker barrel, especially with the sunshade in place. I have that same scope (Viper PST 5-25x50) and it's practically the same length as the Razor, just much lighter and thinner.
B1087BA5-C3D5-4216-9E1A-87774BA3CFAE_1_105_c.jpeg

Don't fall into the "low as you can get" trap. Frank's video here explains why.

I use 1.26" Vortex PMR rings on all my rifles except one (where a Spuhr 1-piece mount came for "free"). I have a Razor 4.5-27x56 (34mm tube, sunshade) on my Vudoo with 20" Ace/Kukri and 30MOA rail. Your 40MOA rail is going to tilt the objective closer to your thicker barrel, especially with the sunshade in place. I have that same scope (Viper PST 5-25x50) and it's practically the same length as the Razor, just much lighter and thinner.
View attachment 7600938
Do you remember the PN# on your Spuhr?