• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ring help for AI AT

thorstenson1030

Private
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2014
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Need help with ring hight. Looking at seekins low and see a set for sale in SH sale thread.
Here are what I have and way to tall.

Attachments

• securedownload-1.jpg
    securedownload-1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 102
Is it me that has the rings? They worked perfect with the Bushnell ers. I tried them on my AT with a Hensoldt 4-16x56. The Henny is a short scope. It worked well it put the scope way down but my problem was not being able to get my scope back as far as I would like for eye relief. My objective almost touched the pic mount. I did not like how it was to reach my magnification ring. You had to use it from the top. I went with a 0moa AI mount I think it says it fit the AX. I had to adjust my check pice up but I get great eye relief plus I think I will be able to use the NV rail when and if I ever purchase NV.

One question. Did your AT come with the extra spacer for the check rest? Maybe I just do not see it in your picture.

You may run into issues like JRB has, but it will likely work as long as you do not plan to use the NV rail. For reference, here is a S&B mounted on my AT in a Spuhr mount that is 1.18" in height.

aRIBv4n.jpg

With the higher 20moa rail and a 56mm objective scope, to get the scope as low as possible, you'll need to run 1" rings... however if the turret housing is small enough, you might get away with .92" rings.

For example... S&B 5-25x56mm, when i tried to mount it with .92" seekins rings... the turret housing actually touched the rail.

You may run into issues like JRB has, but it will likely work as long as you do not plan to use the NV rail. For reference, here is a S&B mounted on my AT in a Spuhr mount that is 1.18" in height.

aRIBv4n.jpg

That's a good looking package.

Accuracy International has a lower receiver rail in the works, right?

So they say. Depending on how low it is compared to the current height, I'm not too sure that I will bother with making the switch. Will be curious to see what they come out with.