• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ring hight DPMS 308

fastfatkid

Private
Minuteman
May 29, 2011
Hey guys you answered my trigger question quite well so I thought I would throw out another issue I'm having . I have a DPMS a3 upper with a Magpul PRS stock . I have a Leupold Mark 4 , 6.5x20 scope with Leupold Mark 4 high rings and they seem low to me. I'm wondering what others are using? I know this is subject to personal preference. Just trying to get some idea what is working for others without buying different set and trying them.

thanks Jeff

Re: Ring hight DPMS 308

You can run pretty high with the PRS adjustable cheek rest, but I still prefer to run in the 1.2-1.4" region. Any lower than 1.2" and odds are you can't use them with a 50mm obj. Depending on your facial structure you probably will not be able to use the scope lower than 1.1". FYI, I have high cheek bones and often other shooters can't use my rifle without adjusting the rest. YMMV....

These measurements are all to the center of the ring.

I'm going to assume a 50mm obj. Go with 1.4 and be done with it. If you go with 1.2 it may/may not be comfortable to shoot

I have a DPMS .308L with a Nikon Monarch 3-12x42 and have the high rings, and I have replaced them with X-tra high and it seems much more comfortable. Hope that helps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjbmxz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> X-tra high and it seems much more comfortable. Hope that helps. </div></div>
yep, i have x-tra - high on all my AR's with PRS stocks, one set of xtra high NF titanium, and Badger Ultra high, running both sets with 56mm objective NXS's, and one set of Knights (high with 50mm obj NXS).

1.5" would be the "standard" height above the rail for AR sights. I'm typically happier with something closer to 1.2", but that may not be sufficient for clearing a 50mm objective (depending on the handguard, of course).

I use a LaRue Tactical SPR-S Mount LT-158
with my Zeiss 4.5x14x50 and the mount has 10MOA in it as well...

I am using the PRS along with a high rise Warne Tactical 1 piece mount and 5-20x50 Trijicon Accupoint.