• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Ring/Mount Suggestions for Mark 8 to Nemo OMEN

flyingtxn

Private
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2013
Helena MT
I just got a Leupold Mark 8 with 56mm objective and 35mm tube. The seekins rings (1.26") are not high enough. Measuring it looks like I will for sure be safe with 1.5" utilizing the scope caps. I would prefer at Quick Detach (QD) mounting system. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Dev

You can't go wrong with any of the following: GDI, Sphur, Bobro, Alamo Four Star, and the best for last.....NC Star (just kidding).
Any of those mounts will serve you very well and will all do well with returning to zero. If money is no option, I'd get the GDI. If money is not growing on trees like for most of us I'd take the Bobro or Alamo Four Star. I currently have the Alamo mount and I'm really happy with it.

One thing to note is that since the MK8 is a 35mm tube you might need to call the companies if they don't offer the 35mm and have it special ordered.

Very nice rifle and optic combination too, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Highly recommend Spuhr if you don't need a QD and Bobro or LaRue if you do require QD.

I would not recommend GDI and Alamo as they do not make 35mm mounts and shit hits the fan when you try to put 35mm main tubes in 34mm rings. Just sayin