• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ring Recommendation MPA PMR and Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56

atrouth

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2021
Pasadena
I've read quite a few posts with ring recommendations, at least for the brand of rings, but curious what height rings I would need for my rifle setup. Given the wait time for the build, I dont want to wait longer having to swap out rings or measure and order. Rifle is a MPA BA PMR 26" M24 contour barrel, 20 MOA rail and the scope is a Athlon Cronus BTR Gen 2 4.5-29x56, 34MM tube. I want to make sure I have enough clearance for either a sunshade (if necessary) or lens caps. Any insight is appreciated. I'll likely be looking on the PX for options, I know Seekins seems to be a solid option for a lot of folks here.

Reactions: Matagorda308
Seekins, Vortex PMR(Seekins), Hawkins, ARC rings, Burris. I am in the same boat and I am looking at the ARC rings or the Vortex/Seekins. As far as height the medium or high will work with the adjustable cheek riser. 1.0-1.26" in height, or higher if you want. You can do the penny test from ARC, stack equal number of pennies front and back on the rail until you get the desired clearance. It's on their website to give an estimate of what rings you will need, then just compare their height with any other brand you decide on.

Last edited:
You have an adjustable cheek piece; use it and dont worry with a ring thats .1 or .2 taller than the bare minimum
I love Seekins Precision rings, but those new ARC M-BRACE rings are stupid awesome! I have 3 sets (on all my Kahles K-series scopes) and I can literally mount, level, and bore-sight 2-3 scopes in the ARC rings with my Fix-It-Sticks, in the time it used to take me to do 1 with traditional capped-rings and a Wheeler FAT Wrench, having to constantly adjust it up and down and re-level the scope when it shifts, etc... Those ARC rings DO NOT shift once you get that scope leveled in them, because of the way they distribute the pressure evenly around the tube. Also, you only need a T-25 bit and a Fix-It-Sticks 55 in.lbs. limiter, and you're ready to rock & roll.

I like the Burris Signature XTR rings on my hobby rifles. No ring marks on my scopes, but they only make them in 1” and 1.5” height for the 34mm tubes. Looks like 1.25“ is where I want to be, plenty of clearance for lens caps but not too high. I have a 56mm Arken on my Vudoo with 1.25” rings and it’s got just about the right amount of clearance for caps but I haven’t tried it with a sunshade.

Looking at ARC N-BRACE and the pennies now. Thanks!

Reactions: FuhQ
Can't advise on height but the ARC stuff is second to none and not stupid money like some of the other offerings out there. I'm using the one piece but they also have separate rings if that's your thing. Using MK Machining for caps and they have throw levers as well.

I like the Burris Signature XTR rings on my hobby rifles. No ring marks on my scopes, but they only make them in 1” and 1.5” height for the 34mm tubes. Looks like 1.25“ is where I want to be, plenty of clearance for lens caps but not too high. I have a 56mm Arken on my Vudoo with 1.25” rings and it’s got just about the right amount of clearance for caps but I haven’t tried it with a sunshade.

Looking at ARC N-BRACE and the pennies now. Thanks!
You won't regret the ARC M-BRACE rings. They're built like a tank, too.

IMG_7385.jpeg
IMG_7652.jpeg
IMG_7647.jpeg
IMG_7584.jpeg
IMG_7585.jpeg
IMG_7590.jpeg

Last edited:
Did the penny trick when I got mine, stack Pennie’s on base front and back, measure with caliper. I used ARC Mlocks at .915” if not mistaken

Attachments

• EF63FC0A-3958-4946-BA83-A8C0C92CC827.jpeg
    EF63FC0A-3958-4946-BA83-A8C0C92CC827.jpeg
    497.8 KB · Views: 40