• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Ring Size?

Kevmo8

Private
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2009
Idaho, USA
I was wondering if anyone could tell my what size rings (LOW, MED, or HIGH) that I would need for my setup. I have a Remington model 700 SPS Varmint. I am purchasing the Millett TRS-1 4-16x50 (30mm) rifle scope. I was also thinking of going with the Millet short action Picatinny Rails. Could anyone please tell me what size rings I would need for this setup?

Thank you

Re: Ring Size?

Thanks Nate. I've looked but I am not finding the answer I need. I'll keep looking though.

Kevmo
I am not an expert on firearms but I have learned something about ring heights with regards to optics. You would need low rings if you were using tps,badger,leupold mark 4, Barrett or nightforce.

Per my phone conversation with Ms. Seekins, a 6.5-20x50mm Leupold MK 4 requires size medium Seekins rings when used with a 20 MOA Seekins base. Their size medium rings seem lower than other manufactures comparable rings (a good thing to me).

Thanks everyone for the reply's. I ordered the medium. I'll let you know how it works out.

Thank again!