• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Rings and.or mount for Anschutz Match 64 rifle?

pepperbelly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Worth, Texas
Does anyone know of a dealer who sells mounts and rings for an Anschutz match 64 rifle? I have tried Champion Shooter's Supply but the ring mounts they sell that mount on the 11mm rail that is part of the receiver are giving me trouble. My rifle is hitting about 4" low at 25 yards with the Leupold scope's elevation at the stop.
I am looking for some rings and mounts but hope someone here might already have solved this problem. I have talked to several people who have had this same problem.

Jim

Re: Rings and.or mount for Anschutz Match 64 rifle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pepperbelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I have talked to several people who have had this same problem.

</div></div>

With the CC rings or with the Annie? The only time I've seen people run out of elevation at short range with straight rings on an Annie was when they kept turning in the "down" direction thinking they were moving the reticle down to match the POI........

If its the rings you can try reversing them 180*.

The problem may be with the rifles. Several anschutz owners said they have had the same problem- ruinning out of elevation.
I turned the target knob to move the poi up. It did move it up- right until it hit the stop. It is still about 4" low. I would really like the poi to be centered with the scope adjustments in the middle too.
A friend mentioned that the rings may have a front and back- not a front and back ring. If so I may have the rings facing backwards. That's on my list of things to check.

Jim

I've ran BKL's on my 64 and my 54 and Ive been fine. Problem is, BKL's are currently made of unobtainium it seems.

Which model Leupy are you trying to run? Noone I shoot with has had any issues (smallbore silhouette-lots of scoped Annies).

Easy fix is Burris Zee rings with the eccentric inserts.

It's the Leupold Vari-X III 6.5-20x40 AP EFR with the target dot reticle.
The Anschutz ring mounts I have mount directly to the 11mm rail made onto the receiver.
I will look into the EAW mounts. A local shop sells them. I will see if he has some for my rifle.

Jim

That's a really popular silhouette scope, most folks don;t have any trouble mounting them on Annies.

Good luck with the mounting.

I am starting to think there may be a problem with the scope itself. As soon as I get a chance I will mount another scope on it to check whether it is the scope or the mounting.

Jim