• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes rings for Nightforce scope

OldmaninNeb

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2009
Nebraska
for richer or poorer, I went ahead n bought a 12x42x56 ...anybody know what are the best rings for this scope? being put on a Savage 10fcp in 308. (btw, thanx for turning me on to live search, saved $184)

Re: rings for Nightforce scope

ok, will this give enough clearance for scope caps? single or double piece? height? (Wisdom has many counselors)

On a PSS contour, you can barely get away with the low (.885") rings as long as you use the NF base. If you have an actual heavy barrel (M24/MTU/), the 1" NF rings will be sufficient.

Thank you for the info...another question
smile.gif

what's the difference between the old style and the new style 2piece nightforce 20moa bases and which is preferred?

Will answer this myself. the new style is for the rounded receiver. Bases are here, scope is coming.

I have the same rifle (10 FCP with Warne 20 MOA base, 5.5-22x56NXS )

You need 1.125" high rings. This will clear the BC caps with not much room to spare.

Thank you. so far I've gotten several different accounts, at over $100 each, I'm hoping that when the scope gets here, I'll be able to get an accurate measurement so I get the right ones for sure.

OK, turns out the 1" ultra lite rings on Nightforce 20moa bases is a near perfect fit. Maybe 1/4" clearance. (Mostly note to self)