• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Rings for Premier Heritage 3-15x50mm

Raven6 Actual

Pathfinder
Minuteman
First, this is my first real question post even though I've been milling attempting to absorb the tremendous amount of information on this site. Thanks to all of you for sharing your expertise to help out clueless individuals such as myself.

Now, I'm a bit frustrated with my scope mounting issue right now. I just got a new Premier Heritage scope from Liberty (thanks Scott!) and a set of Badger 1" high rings. I am mounting it on an AR-10, or at least would be if I wasn't apparently retarded. The Premier site says a min height of .97", so I figure 1" rings would do it. Not.

I see that Badger has a 1.275 in 34mm (Model Number 306-27), but I don't think an extra .275" is gonna clear the flat-top rail. Anyone have a similar setup? If so, what are you using? Thanks guys!

One more thing, I also have a Troy BUIS on the rear that has to be cleared....

Re: Rings for Premier Heritage 3-15x50mm

The Badger rings you mention will clear the flat-top if the bell of the Heritage is 64mm or less. Clearing the BUIS, on the other hand, may require taller rings, with the ocular, your best might be a QD mount like Larue or ADM.

Scott

I thought that as well, but even with the BUIS removed the bell still would not clear the rail. I have not measured, but with a 50mm objecteve lens I would doubt the bell is greater than 64mm. I'll check out your recommendations, but I looked at LaRue and don't believe they had anything taller than 1" in 34mm. I'll look again. Thanks brother.

Just make sure what the manufacturer means by height. From the top of the rail to the bottom of the scope tube, or the centerline of the optic? Subtract .669" from any posted height to the centerline of the optic to get the "clearance" of the tube over the rail.

Thanks for being our customer.

Scott

Get a Larue or ADM and switch from the high-speed Troy to a KAC 300m sight. Lowest rear sight I know of that is still quality stuff.

The LaRue LT158 is 1.43" from rail to centerline (may even be a tad more with 34mm), and has 10moa built in.

The minimum ring height part of the instructions was geared towards those operating a bolt action rifle with a canted base. The .97" height was chosen since it was a safe bet that the front lens cover would clear most barrel contours with a 20-30 MOA base. The Badger 306-76 (1.49") rings will be tall enough to clear the Troy BUIS. If you go to the Premier Reticles website you can download the Premier Heritage manual that has all of the dimensions of the scope. The ocular bell's radius is .885" and when subtracted from the height of the rings (1.49"), it'll give you about .6" to work with. Since a Troy rear BUIS folds down to about .460", you should be golden.

Just curious, if you are going with a non-QD setup, like Badgers then why the BUIS at all?

What is the best height for your cheekweld, and can you get rings to accomodate that?

I too have a Premier on its way to me from Liberty Optics. I am getting ready to order my rings. I am a Larue fan. Does anyone have the LT-104 on a DPMS 308 and if so how does that work for you?

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Utahcybercowboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I too have a Premier on its way to me from Liberty Optics. I am getting ready to order my rings. I am a Larue fan. Does anyone have the LT-104 on a DPMS 308 and if so how does that work for you?

Thanks </div></div>

I have Larue mounts for my Premiers, both the LT-104 and LT-158. The mounts are great but forward placement on the tube is critical with any alloy/aluminum mounts or rings. It appears the tolerances are so close inside the tube that if the ring is too close to the bell it can impede the parallax adjustment on the scope when torqued down. I know because it just happened to me on one of my scopes. I adjusted it forward and the problem went away. It doesn't appear to be a problem with steel rings, only the alloy ones. And I have no idea why that would be. In any event, the mounts work great and the Premier is one great scope. CS from both Liberty and Premier have been first rate. Enjoy your scope !

+1 for the LaRue LT-158. I just mounted the Premier to my AR15 flat top (waiting for my AR10 to be completed)

So far so good. The mount is burly and it allows me to seat the optics far enough forward without a continuous top rail. The 10MOA forward cant hurt either.

-Mike

Something like .07" lower on the LT158 to for better height on a AR10's receiver, and the LT158 has 10moa cant, the LT104 is flat and scope centerline is 1.5" off rail.

Lots of great input! I really appreciate all the thoughtful input. The LaRue LT-158 sounds like the choice for me. I have dealt with them several times and have nothing but good experiences. Thank you gentlemen.

For a fixed setup, get the Badger Riser Rail (P/N 249-25) and use your existing rings.
It will give you an extra 0.430" and you get 22 MOA forward cant as a bonus.

If you want a QD setup, go with either the LaRue Picatinny Riser QD LT-101 and your existing rings to add 0.625" or the SPR-S QD Mount LT-158 (just be sure to order the 34mm version).

Good luck!