• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Rings height

lmt-ar

Private
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2009
Salem, NH
Was about to order some Badger rings for my 308 with a badger 20moa base and was just curious if anyone knew what height to go with. My scope is a NF 5-22-56. I believe I'm going to have to go with the USMC DMR with a height of 1.031? I figure someone on here has done this setup before and knows whats the best fit.Obviously don't want to go higher than I have to.

Re: Rings height

What stock are you using and how far are you trying to shoot?

Hunter why on earth would stock matter? The 20 MOA cant is going to get you your distance not ring height since he wants it close to the barrel. The base will get you out to 1K with 100 MOA of travel on the scope.
I have a NF 5.5-22X 50 with 20 MOA base on a remmy 5R which has a heavy barrel contour. I went with the .885 ring height and have perfect clearance for bikini cover or scope caps. I would recommend since you have 6mm in diameter more which is going to be 3mm closer to the barrel than what I have go with the Badger medium high maximized scope rings 306-21 with height of 1.0 inch 30mm tube. Go to badgerordnance.com. These will be good for your app. If you are not set on Badger I used Nightforce rings they use same height scale as Badger and are cheaper. I put them on a 300 Win mag and so far so good and look really nice to. Use the advanced search function set it to newer than 1 year and put in ring height you can find pictures of the exact setup you want depending on your barrel contour.

And in relation to ring height that matters what? Your shooting experience must surpass mine because I have never worried about a stock for ring height decisions, I never saw it in all the research I did or had anyone want to know that in asking advice from experienced members here. You might need and elevated cheek rerst or a stock pad to comfortably see through the objective but that is second hand to having the scope clear the barrel on the other end.

The Badger fit chart that I have lists the 56mm NF scopes. The correct ring, is in fact the 306-21 which is 1.o" tall.

They are in stock at Triad Tactical, here is the

Linky-Link

Thanks for the feedback guys. Sounds like I will be ordering from Triad this weekend.