• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Rings/Mount for MPA PMR Pro with Vortex Viper PST Gen 2

Packfan

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2021
Reno, NV
My new Masterpiece Arms PMR Pro is on it's way and I need to get the parts to mount my scope. Scope is a Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 5-25x50 FFP. MPA recommends a 1.060 height for their mount with this scope. This mount is cool, but it is pricey and back ordered everywhere, so not an option.

I have a set of Seekins 30mm rings in high .97 height. The Mil Rad calculator says these would be too low, which was a surprise. It says I need the Extra High 1.26.

What do you guys think? Has anyone mounted a 50MM scope with Seekins rings on an MPA?

Thanks.

My new Masterpiece Arms PMR Pro is on it's way and I need to get the parts to mount my scope. Scope is a Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 5-25x50 FFP. MPA recommends a 1.060 height for their mount with this scope. This mount is cool, but it is pricey and back ordered everywhere, so not an option.

I have a set of Seekins 30mm rings in high .97 height. The Mil Rad calculator says these would be too low, which was a surprise. It says I need the Extra High 1.26.

What do you guys think? Has anyone mounted a 50MM scope with Seekins rings on an MPA?

Thanks.
I think you will like the .97 rings. I have the same rings on my rem 700 with LV profile barrel. Good luck with your build.

Thanks. The rifle will be here today and we will see if what I have will work. If not, I will be buying some new taller rings or mount.

I mounted an Athlon Ares ETR 3-18x50 on mine with a Warne MSR mount. I think the height is 1.4. It clears with more than enough room. I could go lower, but it works for now.

Not the same rifle but the same scope in a set of 1" high rings on a 700 action and Seekins base with a barrel of similar profile to the one you are getting. I think the .97" height should be fine for you.

IMG_3215.JPG

Right on. Thanks.

I got to fondle the rifle yesterday, but cant take it home yet as Nevada is backed up for background checks so it is still at the FFL waiting for approval. 1 week estimated which sucks.

Got the rifle today which was quicker than expected. Right on!

Here is a picture with the Seekins .97 rings, standard 20 MOA MPA base. Pretty tight- a hair short of 1/8 of an inch clearance. The M24 barrel is bigger than I expected. I think I need to go up. What do you guys think?

20210407_185531.jpg

Are you gonna run scope caps while shooting? If not, looks like the standard bikini caps would fit fine for storage/transport.

That’s fine for shooting. As mentioned scope caps would be the issue if they are thick enough to contact barrel.

Thanks. I do not run scope caps. I have a neoprene cover that does fit under the current setup. For the metric minded, the clearance is currently 3mm.

Unfortunately, the High Seekins rings go way up to 1.26 high (from .97) which would put the clearance at about 10.4 mm (3mm plus .29 inch/7.4 mm). I have seen scopes mounted a lot higher, but I will probably stick with what I have.

Then just leave them as is and go shoot. Have fun.