• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes RIngs on your GAP-10?

BattleAxe

Chief
Minuteman
  • Mar 3, 2010
    Earth
    For you guys with GAP-10s....

I'm only looking for those with 34mm tube optics w/50mm objectives. What height rings are you running on your GAP-10 and how much clearance do you have left to the top of the rail cutout? I want to go as low as I can without clearance issues.

I may be swayed by a 1-piece but nothing canted and it needs to sit lowwwww.

Thanx

Re: RIngs on your GAP-10?

I have larue mounts on both my ARs and they work great. my scope is a 34 x 56 though.

Told George that I would be running an HDMR and he sent the one piece setup with the rifle. Works great.

How low do you really want it? It has been my experience that anything lower than 1.5" is going to be too low to actually use, unless you have concave cheekbones.

I have run the badger one piece that came with my GAP-10. It works well but almost to low for prone. I know run the GDI and it is perfect for getting behind in prone. I'm running a S&B 56mm right now but will soon change over to a 50mm on the GAP-10. I can let you know the specs you are looking for when I get it changed over.
    My GDI mount is a 20 MOA but they offer them in 0 MOA. I also tend to lean toward a mount that I can get behind naturaly versus having to push my head down on the stock to get good edge to edge clarity.

I've got it figured out. I went with Seekins 1.24" high rings which gave me perfect height. If it werent for the lip on my Premier flip-up I could likely go around 1/16-1/8 lower.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How low do you really want it? It has been my experience that anything lower than 1.5" is going to be too low to actually use, unless you have concave cheekbones. </div></div>

You have to remember that the GAP10 rail sits higher than a standard AR flattop rail by about 1/4 inch. 1.5 would be too much, at least for my taste.