• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rings or unimount ?

XP1K

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2017
Texas
Going to be switching scopes between 308 and 300wm bolt guns and I want a solid repeatable return to zero.

Should I go with a one piece mount or a good solid set of rings, what's everybody favorite ?

Cost is a factor but I've bought enough of this stuff in the past to be well educated in by once cry once.

Either or will do it, unimounts look cooler though.

I've switched scopes around a fair bit with both NF ultralite rings and my Spuhr mount, both RTZ reliability.
The NF rings are considerably easier to switch back and forth but that is really a non issue.

If on a budget the Nightforce rings are a good choice, not exactly budget rings but considerably cheaper than most unimounts.

Reactions: XP1K
As mentioned either work. I move scopes around in Seekins rings without problems. You will always recheck zero no matter what you use so it's not a problem.

As mentioned either work. I move scopes around in Seekins rings without problems. You will always recheck zero no matter what you use so it's not a problem.
Seekins rings look good and are an option I'm considering. I just want a consistent and repeatable zero shift.

Probably have narrowed it down between seekins and nightforce at the moment.

Seekins rings look good and are an option I'm considering. I just want a consistent and repeatable zero shift.

This is a test I did, I haven't tested Seekings/Vortex PMR rings but they mount the same as the Contessa rings in my test so would probaby be ok.
I have tested NF rings and the do RTZ just fine.

Not sure if mentioned in my thread or not but I have tested Burris XTR rings and don't find they RTZ reliably.
I'd get consistent elevation but the windage could be off by +/- 2mils.
Tried with two sets (a 34mm and 30mm set) and both were the same.

My fclass rig I’ve removed the NF Comp in NF ultralight rings. Used to test other rifles and reinstalled with rtz. I’ve mounted the scope and first rounds fired were on the 1k yard line

I have a decent amount of spuhrs. Which do good as well. But after cracking the bar on my last spuhr my confidence every time I install one has dropped a bit

Don’t get overly hung up on them returning to zero every time as no ring or mount will do that over its lifetime. Most any quality ring or mount will get you back to within .1-.2 mils when moving it around.