• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

pklin1297

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2008
Fontana, CA
Seekins, Farrel, Badger, etc.

Which <span style="font-weight: bold">Brand</span> of rings you chose for your rifles and why? Just wondering if one is truly better than all the rest, or if it is mostly subjective and partly objective, or vice versa.

Let's pretend the rings are to be used on a .308 rifle, for a scope with 30mm tube...

Thanks.

Re: Rings...

You will hear good things about most. I have used several different brands and have been happy with all. Recently bought some Nightforce rings...just because I wanted to save some weight. You can't wrong with your choices.

I have had Badgers, TPS, and now have Seekins, I like Seekins the best, and will coninue to buy them, I like the lack of a cross bolt, price wise there cheaper than Badger, and a little more than TPS.

I like TPS for budget rings and USO rings if cost not an issue. The USO are windage adjustable and can center your erector for better tracking. This will help if your base screws are not in perfect alignment to the bore. But I haven't had a factory rifle that was perfectly aligned.

In regards to Seekins I had some issues with the Low 30mm working correctly. But I do have to say that Seekins did take care of me and refunded my money after trying to work out the problem.

I bought a pair of Seekins 6 screw rings last year, I must say, I am now spoiled. Wouldnt hesitate with any of the better ones, I just love my Seekins.

Mike

Sounds like Seekins is ahead in the polls...
laugh.gif

Pete,
If you are looking for rings i'd suggest going with Seekins. His rings are a good deal and finish is great. Glen is a good guy to deal with also. Call him and tell him your setup. He will tell you what you need as far as ring height.

SOTA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is TPS? Don't think I've heard that brand before... </div></div>

Tactical Precision Systems, and they call their best ring a TSR. I have a new set waiting for a rail, and they look good to me. They have that notched top design, like octogonal-ish, in steel or aluminum. So far seem very precise, both fitted the scope tube right. Just not sure their low would always be low enough. Some people can't find them in stock, but Brownell's has them all day long. I think they're good with a good price. The top is indexed to have a left/right match the bottom, and it says it's machined to tighten the indexed side all the way down, and use the other side to adjust down to the torque. So you don't find an even spacing on each side as only one side will have a gap, which I thought was kind of odd.

I'm sure Badger and Seekins might be better than TPS, but I'm not sure that's reflected in a quality to price ratio. They do look and fit very precisely. I am surprised and interested to see that many of you like Seekins over Badger; is that mostly a price value-thing, or are they really like just as good as Badger?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EvilPistolGrip</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure Badger and Seekins might be better than TPS, but I'm not sure that's reflected in a quality to price ratio. They do look and fit very precisely. I am surprised and interested to see that many of you like Seekins over Badger; is that mostly a price value-thing, or are they really like just as good as Badger?</div></div>

I wouldn't say Seekins is better than badger. Badger rings are very heavy in comparison and I do prefer Steel rings vs Aluminum. They are both good products but on my last set of Seekins lapping was required vs. it was not needed on the Badgers I had.

TPS is have severe issues with customer service. I'd stay away from them if I were you. Here's a link to their CS issues.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...266#Post1050266

The guys at Seekins absolutely rock. The guys at Badger Ordnance bent over backwards to replace a set of rings that I had personally screwed up. I mean, I was a real dip-shit in over torqueing the rings. With the excellent customer service available, why not take your business to Seekins or Badger instead?

http://www.seekinsprecision.com

http://www.badgerordnance.com/productgroup.php?id=rings

Triad Tactical is an outstanding stocking dealer of Badger Ordnance rings and bases. Triad also has <span style="font-weight: bold">EXCELLENT</span> customer service!

http://triadtactical.com/?mainURL=/store/category/e54p/Badger_Ordnance.html