• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rings

Enoch777

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2018
Waiting on a Vortex Razor gen 2 4.5x27x56 from liberty optics and my question is ring heights. Running a Tikka 6.5 CTR in a KRG Bravo with Area 419 20 moa base and was wondering if someone running the same set up could give me advise. I called Vortex today and was told either the 1.1” or 1.26” in the PMR rings would work fine with my platform, as well as have clearance for covers. Is there a reason to choose one height over the other? The solid 1.1” don’t have the cut out in the base of the rings like the 1.26” so I’m wondering if that makes the 1.1” a little more robust.

Reactions: ducman998
i'm wondering the same, currently running a Razor Gen2 3-18x50mm using ARC M10 low rings
I also just ordered a Razor Gen2 4.5-27x56mm
Enoch777 Just curious how long have you been waiting for your Razor

I just ordered my Razor last week and he said the 4 week wait has been a pretty solid time frame. I also talked with Vortex and was told either the 1.1mm or 1.26mm 34 mm PMR rings would work fine, but the 1.1mm would be close to barrel but still fit with their scope flip caps. Since the Bravo has an adjustable cheek rest I decided on the 1.26 in thoughts of a possible heavier contour re barrel in the future.

Reactions: ducman998
I just ordered my Razor last week and he said the 4 week wait has been a pretty solid time frame. I also talked with Vortex and was told either the 1.1mm or 1.26mm 34 mm PMR rings would work fine, but the 1.1mm would be close to barrel but still fit with their scope flip caps. Since the Bravo has an adjustable cheek rest I decided on the 1.26 in thoughts of a possible heavier contour re barrel in the future.
You can run the 1.26" height and with the adjustable comb it will be fine but the 1.1" would have worked also. I run 1" high on my rifles and all have heavier barrel contours than the factory Tikka. The only variable is the height of the mount used on the Tikka so a 1.26" is a safe bet.