• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rings?

Eddy G

Private
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2024
New England
Sako s20 (yeah, another one) in 6.5cm
Zeiss V4 scope 33mm tube 4x16 50mm
Any ring recommendations?
My best guess is Med rings will work fine.
Please let me know if I’m wrong or not..
Zeiss rings look nice but $200…
Strangely enough I haven’t found Sako rings that mount picatinny…I’m sure they are out there…
Any reason I couldn’t use another manufactures rings? As long as they are good quality…
Leupold has good looking set for less than $100…
Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

Strangely enough I haven’t found Sako rings that mount picatinny…I’m sure they are out there…
Any reason I couldn’t use another manufactures rings? As long as they are good quality…
The seekins vortex precision matched rings are made by Seekins and are very good for the money. That said, the vortex pro rings aren't bad and are Ike $70.00.

Reactions: Eddy G
I run several V4 6-24x50's on hunting rifles, these are what I run... Best rings I've come across. I used to run Seekins exclusively, but then found these, and haven't looked back. Don't buy anything Leupold...

I run several V4 6-24x50's on hunting rifles, these are what I run... Best rings I've come across. I used to run Seekins exclusively, but then found these, and haven't looked back. Don't buy anything Leupold...

Thank you they look solid, I’m guessing the single screw on the top of the ring is fine..
What do you think about the medium hight? I don’t think low rings would work and the mediums would work well..

Thank you they look solid, I’m guessing the single screw on the top of the ring is fine..
What do you think about the medium hight? I don’t think low rings would work and the mediums would work well..
Oh yeah, I'm using those rings to hold $2,000-$4,000 scopes... So, yeah, they're about as solid as you can get. And the clamps on the base are fully repeatable if you have to remove the scope for some weird reason, just as long as you use the same torque value (ARC recommends 55 inch-pounds for both the ring clamp and the base clamp screws). And if you do have to remove and reinstall, always check zero again to confirm.

Low is more than tall enough on a 30mm tube. But if you think mediums would be better, order mediums. And if they're too tall, send them back to Midway and exchange them for Lows. They're very easy to work with.

Second FuhQ, I switched over from Seekins/Vortex rings to AMC M-Brace rings a few years ago and as stated they are the best I have found. The single screw for mounting to rail and installing the scope are strong and solid, no concerns. And the best part is the design of the ring, closing at the top with a single screw makes mounting the scope much easier since there is no potential to turn the scope as you tighten the screw like there is on standard rings. Yes, they are a little more expensive, but well worth the investment.

Reactions: Marktm520 and FuhQ