• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

E5B

Private
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2008
NC (misplaced Texan)
I'm about to order a NF and need ring help. With a 56mm scope over a varmint contour barrel, using 20MOA base...which ring height would you recommend?

Re: Rings

I've noticed that Night Force's rings come in either Steel or Ti same price! If they are anything like their scopes-they should be top shelf, sportsoptics has them for $163.00, that's a great price for that kind of quality.

It's not Ti. It's an alloy of some sort. Still a great ring. I see no reason to use the steel as the UL rings are plenty strong and lighter.

The Nightforce ultralite rings are 7075-T6 aluminum with titanium cross bolts and jaws.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dimar1492</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Nightforce ultralite rings are 7075-T6 aluminum with titanium cross bolts and jaws. </div></div>
You are right, I wonder why they use that expensive, strong cross bolt? Any weight savings would be very, very small, but it looks Strong, any thoughts? Has anyone talked to Nightforce regarding this design?