• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RIP Bill of Sale

I've never once even seen a bill of sale for a private firearm sale. Is that even a thing?
I met up with a guy from a local forum to buy a 30-30 lever action once, he tried pulling that shit. I told him no and left. He tried leaving me neg feedback. It didn't go the way he thought it would. :cool:

Reactions: lash
We still have Fudds on out local best classified gun forums requiring CCW permits for pistols and BOS for everything after our state passed no permits required for handguns. These are the folks who drive 50 in a 55 to more lawfuller..........Ignorant people ignoring their own rights. I don't buy from those quislings.

I've never once even seen a bill of sale for a private firearm sale. Is that even a thing?
I have had one out of several face to face sales, printed name and signature. Sailor selling a Glock from his home state (Michigan) and sold in Virginia.

We still have Fudds on out local best classified gun forums requiring CCW permits for pistols and BOS for everything after our state passed no permits required for handguns. These are the folks who drive 50 in a 55 to more lawfuller..........Ignorant people ignoring their own rights. I don't buy from those quislings.
North Carolina?

The dude in the blue shirt has a disturbingly large head in proportion to his body.

So if by selling a gun and making a profit on it. I am defined as "in the business of' then I suppose all of my other gun, ammunition and accessory purchases count as business expenses that the feds owe me a lot of back taxes on.

Reactions: NoDopes
How about this BS. Awhile back I was buying a knife from a guy locally. I showed up. he was cool in the big scheme of things. Knife was as he described. THEN he asks "Will you sign a BOS?". I'm like "what?? It's a knife."

Apparently in some CJ college class the instructor/professor/hired help had the class review a case where the defendant had bought a knife, used it to attack/kill someone. The LEOs tracked down the original owner, in some attempt to enforce some sort of criminal law because the original owner was now attached to the criminal activity. WTF??!! Okay ....whatever....I signed the BOS for the knife.

This seller wasn't some 20 year old in college. He was older. So the cancer is already in the system getting to people at different levels.

Don't worry in VA there's the same breed of Fudds requiring the CCW/BOS for buying ammo. They have a "large" forum they stick to, as well as a table at most the local gun shows.