• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

RIP Boots, I couldn't have asked for more...

Parallax

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 2, 2007
Waushara County, Wisconsin
Well, it's my turn at the wailing wall guys. I new it would happen one day again.

I had to have my beloved and loyal dog Bootsie put to rest in my arms this morning after a sudden health emergency. My only other option was to watch her suffer a slow painful death, and that I couldn't do. She was 13. Boots was a GSD - Austrialian Cattle Dog mix. Full of life, attitude, amazingly perceptive and protective and absolutely smarter then any man or beast that ever set foot on the property. She was a daddy girl first class. She was the best dog in the world. I am completely devestated...

Boots01302008.jpg

Re: RIP Boots, I couldn't have asked for more...

Hate it for ya. They are great friends and company. Tough loss I know

Rest assured that Boots will be eagerly awaiting you to join her when your time comes.
She loves you more than she loves herself, and would do anything for you.
So, she'll wait up there with St. Peter, keeping him company, until she can join you again to play in the lush green grasses of Heaven.

Ahhh man, I hate that. Sounds like she had a good long life with you. I'd say a dog cant ask for much more than that. And as painful as it was, you know you did the right thing for her in the end.

Rest easy Bootsie, there's a little blind and deaf white GDS up there waiting to show you around. Tell Faith I said hi

R.I.P. bootsie. hate to hear this stuff happening. but shes in a better place than any of us are now.

Damn, man. I can only hope I am strong enough to do the same for my friend when/if that time comes. It somehow doesn't seem right for a grown man (talking about myself here) to get a little teary-eyed over thinking about that day, still.... the thoughts of my friend looking up at me with those trusting, loving eyes as I end his life... while I know it's the right thing to do, I somehow feel like I'll be betraying him.

I'll say a prayer for you both tonight.
Perhaps one for myself as well.

Good on ya!

Very sad... Hopefully you can give another dog in need a great home like you gave Bootsie.

Damn man, I hate to hear that, I know it is probably too soon for ya but I have a Purebred heeler you are welcome to if you want her....

I hate to hear it man, I'm looking at two collars hanging from my dresser from the two I lost in 2010. She lived a long, good life because of you and that is all you can do for a dog is to give them a good life with lots of love. The best medicine really is to get you another pup.

RIP Boots....Gunner and Delta will be there to show you around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RIP Boots....Gunner and Delta will be there to show you around.</div></div>

And Dax and B.B. too...

Sorry for your loss Parallax. It just flat out sucks but 13 years is better than many dogs get. We still keep photos of our girls around the house and the ones with our daughters playing with them are the best ones.

Sorry.

Sorry for your loss. It looks like she was in a home that loved her very much. Sometimes doing the right thing is also the hardest.

I can tell you that time will heal your pain. I went through this exact thing a few months back.

RIP Boots.

She'll be in good company........ All of our departed 4-legged friends will be at the kennal gate to greet her. No more pain, no more suffering.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Parallax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, it's my turn at the wailing wall guys. I new it would happen one day again.

I had to have my beloved and loyal dog Bootsie put to rest in my arms this morning after a sudden health emergency. My only other option was to watch her suffer a slow painful death, and that I couldn't do. She was 13. Boots was a GSD - Austrialian Cattle Dog mix. Full of life, attitude, amazingly perceptive and protective and absolutely smarter then any man or beast that ever set foot on the property. She was a daddy girl first class. She was the best dog in the world. I am completely devestated...

Boots01302008.jpg
</div></div>

Great looking lady, she's in good hands. There's another Bootsie out there waiting for you to take her home, I would do it sooner than later.

Dogs are and will always be family. You have our condolences. After you have time to celebrate the life of a good dog the pain will soften to a point where you start looking for another family member in the form af a new pup. Pups have a way of reallly making the lost dogs live on forever because of the many things they do and ways they behave

Poor dog..ran out of Quality fo Life..

U did the hardest and most correct thing..
Share your loss and have been there too many times..it is very hard...condolences

That is the worst part of haveing a companion. The day that they leave us is one of the worst for us. Love all dogs RIP Boots

I've said it before, but it bears repeating: Dogs don't fear death like people do. You did the right thing.

Good long life in a loving home. Cannot ask for much more than that and she got to go to rest while being held by the one she loved.

Wish we could be as good to our own!!

You and the family have my sympathy. I have had to do the same thing several times in the last several years and it just is really tough!!

So sorry for your loss-I went through this last fall with 2 within 3 weeks-Dark days but time does heal and the emptiness slowly gets filled-See my Sig

Man I feel terrible for your loss. We just had to put our baby to sleep about a month ago and its been rough. Our 2 year daughter still walks around calling her name... it sucks.

Good luck and God bless.

These loyal friends of ours sure leave big holes in our hearts when they pass don't they?

Our little buddy slipped peacefully into the land of the big sunny yard last week as well and while we will never replace him we are picking up a new friend this weekend from a rescue home to help us ease the pain.

May your grief be short and your memory of Boots be forever fond.

All Dogs go to Heaven!

Sorry for your loss of a friend. I know it hurts I have had great pups in my lifetime, all 3 of my labs died within a year of each other, they were all related. It was hard to let them go but they are in a better place now.

You will see her again.

Mike my condolence to you, she looked like a fine companion. Its always hard to make that decision and you did rite by her.

Take care.

Sorry for your loss.