• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rip member YerrowSniper

i am his brother i was hoping yall can help me identify some of his old toys.

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 136
  • 3.png
    3.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 137
  • 4.png
    4.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 128
  • 5.png
    5.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 130
  • 6.png
    6.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 131
  • 7.png
    7.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 127
  • 8.png
    8.png
    2 MB · Views: 128
  • 9.png
    9.png
    2 MB · Views: 135
RIP…and thanks to whatever mod cleaned up the thread.

No idea on calibers of course but agree with the post above…nice gear, don’t just dump it at a pawn shop or even at a local gun shop unless you know and trust them well. Those are worth a lot of $$. @Will Liang I’m sure there are members nearby who will help you ID it, and get it sold here in the SH marketplace if you choose that route.

I can ID a couple, because I have a couple like them in my safe too:

#7 is an MDT HNT-26 chassis, with what looks like a Defiance Machine receiver (very nice), and a Proof carbon fiber wrapped barrel; nice lightweight rig despite that scope. Can’t tell for sure, but it looks like a suppressor is mounted too. That’s likely in a trust he set up.

#8 is a Woox Furiosa chassis with a Remington 700 short action receiver if the .223 marking on the magazine is accurate; not sure of the barrel/brake, but very nice machine work…likely a custom job.

Last edited:
RIP…and thanks to whatever mod cleaned up the thread.

No idea on calibers of course but agree with the post above…nice gear, don’t just dump it at a pawn shop or even at a local gun shop unless you know and trust them well. Those are worth a lot of $$. @Will Liang I’m sure there are members nearby who will help you ID it, and get it sold here in the SH marketplace if you choose that route.

I can ID a couple, because I have a couple like them in my safe too:

#7 is an MDT HNT-26 chassis, with what looks like a Defiance Machine receiver (very nice), and a Proof carbon fiber wrapped barrel; nice lightweight rig despite that scope. Can’t tell for sure, but it looks like a suppressor is mounted too. That’s likely in a trust he set up.

#8 is a Woox Furiosa chassis with a Remington 700 short action receiver if the .223 marking on the magazine is accurate; not sure of the barrel/brake, but very nice machine work…likely a custom job.
Thanks bud. how much are short action receiver from remington? 679?

Depends on when it was made…. Receivers from the ‘old’ Remington, like back in the 80s typically go for more than newer models; especially if trued and/or blueprinted by a recognized gun smith or shop.

Those Defiance Machine actions are worth a lot more though.

Barreled actions are worth even more of course…a lot more…but depend greatly on round count, especially in this game.

Complete rifles, especially with nice scopes, etc. can get very, very expensive very fast, but rely on someone wanting that specific configuration to bring top dollar. Sometimes better to part the rifle out as barreled actions, chassis/stocks, and accessories like scopes, mounts, bipods, etc. and sell them all separately, but I’d try to sell as complete rifles first.

All of it’s only worth what someone will pay for it though, used market can be dicey. That’s some pretty high end gear in those pics though, and should bring in good money; likely enough in those pics to put one of the kids through a good state college.

Reactions: BurtG
Also, the suppressors are likely in a trust…check the safe for a hard copy, as well as the tax stamps. The tax stamps will also have the trust name. If they were done as an individual, it gets a lot more complicated to sell them.

Also, the suppressors are likely in a trust…check the safe for a hard copy, as well as the tax stamps. The tax stamps will also have the trust name. If they were done as an individual, it gets a lot more complicated to sell them.
we got all that taken care of. we just dont know what to do with it yet. what do you think we should do? its all in a single trust

If the family doesn’t want them, the suppressors can be sold and transferred to a class 3 dealer, or to someone else who is willing to pay for another $200 tax stamp and go through the year-long wait (typical wait time lately) to get it transferred. Gotta love government bureaucracy.

The one in the hnt 26 looks like an impact action not a defiance. Scope appears to be a vortex razor lht. Maybe a trigger tech diamond 2 stage for a trigger.

The first rifle looks to be a sig cross also with a razor lht on it.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Also check to see if he had any SBR’d receivers. A lot of folks who collect suppressors, also wind up with at least one Short Barrel Rifle tax stamp; Lord knows we have enough of ‘em in ours!

Reactions: Will Liang
If you can access his email you should be able to find recipes for this stuff I would think

As has been said. Removing scope with rings , barreled action from stocks and bipods and selling seperate will move things the quickest

Sell the silencers in state , that way buyer only has to pay 1 $200 transfer fee.

I’d imagine most of these rifles are low round count as like the most of us it’s easier to buy them then get to the range a lot to shoot.

i am his brother i was hoping yall can help me identify some of his old toys.
@Will Liang

Hi Will,

Sorry for your loss. No words can describe what you and your family are going through.

Your brother was kind, funny, and excited about many things, especially his family. We had a lot of communication back and forth since meeting at K&M. We often laughed that I was a terrible French speaker but my wife, having studied French, could hold a conversation with any old man in a cafe in the streets of Paris when we lived there. We both missed the cafes tucked away in all the small streets.

I can help identify 2 of those rifles because I helped him piece it together. (I have texts/communications with him to prove it)

The rifle in 5.png is an Impact Precision action, likely Stuteville barrel chambered in 6 GT, sitting in a Manners PRS-TCS stock, Triggertech trigger, double pull Ckyepod bipod, Area419 Maverick suppressor.

The rifle in 6.png is an Impact Precision action (could be a regular action or the Titan [titanium version]), 6.5 Creedmoor Bartlein carbon fiber Stuteville barrel, Triggertech trigger, Atlas bipod, Foundation Revelation stock (lightweight version). Our goal during discussion was to keep it under 16 lbs, which it barely did, if I remember correctly.

Feel free to PM me if any questions. I can look through my text messages and see if we discussed any other firearms you listed.

@Will Liang

First, condolences to you and all the family.
Losing family is hard, worse when so young.

Where are you located close to?

I think if you wanted, the Hide could help find you a good member to help you price and possibly market these.

The PX here is a great spot to sell high end firearms too, especially in your situation.

I was once in a similar situation with a best friend’s firearm estate.
Made buckets of cash for his family and none of his stuff was as nice as your brother’s.

If you can access his email you should be able to find recipes for this stuff I would think

As has been said. Removing scope with rings , barreled action from stocks and bipods and selling seperate will move things the quickest

Sell the silencers in state , that way buyer only has to pay 1 $200 transfer fee.

I’d imagine most of these rifles are low round count as like the most of us it’s easier to buy them then get to the range a lot to shoot.
Thanks. Gaston just built. Them and leave them around as a center piece as most of us do

@Will Liang

I think if you wanted, the Hide could help find you a good member to help you price and possibly market these.

The PX here is a great spot to sell high end firearms too, especially in your situation.

Made buckets of cash for his family and none of his stuff was as nice as your brother’s.
I’m around metro Atlanta. I uploaded a spreadsheet earlier if you would could you comment on the sheet that way I can find out about the prices.

Reactions: powdahound76
@Will Liang

whats a PX? sorry im not familiar with long range shooting language

It is the for sale section on here.

Gets the high quality items your brother had in front of a huge buying audience.

Im busy till about 1 today and will look at your file you posted and get back to you.
THanks bud. Tiffany was able to pull some of his old invoices so we should be able to get a lot of the parts # back. I posted a google sheet document earlier. theres a lot more close up shots in the drive then i have it posted. would you mind commenting anything you know if youre not so busy thanks so much. it would help us out a lot. I am pretty much doing this as a one man show.

A question I had was if the suppressor was already on the rifle, and you want to sell the rifle, do you have to take suppressor off and sell that separately with the aforementioned gun trust and tax stamp and wait?

What if you wanted to sell and buy the rifle as is? Because then, you would have to wait so long to receive the whole thing. it seems like.

A question I had was if the suppressor was already on the rifle, and you want to sell the rifle, do you have to take suppressor off and sell that separately with the aforementioned gun trust and tax stamp and wait?

What if you wanted to sell and buy the rifle as is? Because then, you would have to wait so long to receive the whole thing. it seems like.
you leave the silencer can to a level 3 gun dealer for 9-12 months + pay the govt $200 tax stamp and the agreeded upon price to the seller,

It is the for sale section on here.

Gets the high quality items your brother had in front of a huge buying audience.

Im busy till about 1 today and will look at your file you posted and get back to you.
The PX here is a VERY good selling marketplace for guns and gun stuff. Properly priced items tend to sell fast and the buyers are generally very good. I've sold more stuff here, guns and gun related items as well as non gun stuff, than any other marketplace I've used including Armslist, Craigslist and eBay. Although the last two don't allow actual guns and ammo to be sold. I highly recommend trying the PX first before any other marketplaces. Especially since we're already aware of your situation.

The PX here is a VERY good selling marketplace for guns and gun stuff. Properly priced items tend to sell fast and the buyers are generally very good. I've sold more stuff here, guns and gun related items as well as non gun stuff, than any other marketplace I've used including Armslist, Craigslist and eBay. Although the last two don't allow actual guns and ammo to be sold. I highly recommend trying the PX first before any other marketplaces. Especially since we're already aware of your situation.
if its not too much to ask for everyone. Would it be possible for you guys to comment on my Excel spreadsheet? i was able to find, to some extent, the Long precision rifle part he used for his bolt action. Any comment is welcome; essentially, it will be listed on the marketplace.

if its not too much to ask for everyone. Would it be possible for you guys to comment on my Excel spreadsheet? i was able to find, to some extent, the Long precision rifle part he used for his bolt action. Any comment is welcome; essentially, it will be listed on the marketplace.

I'm sure someone can weigh in on your spreadsheet w/ some recommended pricing. But adding some pictures would be extremely helpful for evaluating condition. Since the round count on some of these items will be difficult to know, it might be difficult to give you accurate pricing and may need to assume higher vs lower round counts on estimated values.

I'm sure someone can weigh in on your spreadsheet w/ some recommended pricing. But adding some pictures would be extremely helpful for evaluating condition. Since the round count on some of these items will be difficult to know, it might be difficult to give you accurate pricing and may need to assume higher vs lower round counts on estimated values.
No i get it. inside the spreadsheet has close up pictures of the actual firearm. Gaston was the kind of person like you, just builds it spend 1 weekend with it and moves on. a lot his stuff was built within a year or 2