• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RIP Pat P.

Pigman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2011
Katy, TX
As some of you may already know, a Hide member and good friend of mine by the name of Pat Palmer, or "onedayer", passed away last Thursday. I met Pat for the first time back in August when I accepted an item from him in the Pay it Forward thread and from there our friendship grew tremendously. I received countless items from him to help out with my rifles and I know he has done the same for many others as well. Our friendship, however, was more than him giving me meaningless, inanimate objects expecting nothing in return. He taught me many life lessons that I know I will carry with me for the rest of my life and who knows, maybe I even taught him a thing or two also. I consider it a great honor that I had the privilege to meet Pat and get to know him as well as I did. In one of his last messages to me, he even invited me and my family to come up to his family's lake house someday. It's amazing how someone you have never met in person can have such an enormous and positive impact on your life. Pat was truly a great man. We need more people like him in this world.

Thank you, Pat, for being a great friend. You will be missed.

Josh

Last edited:
Re: RIP Pat P.

NO way!!!!!! I just received a second package of mags from him, completely unsolicited...

see this thread here:
<http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3875850>

What an amazing gentleman.

Words won't do justice what an honorable man that gentleman was.

I had not met Pat, either, Pigman, but you sure are right...we spoke about many things outside of shooting. The relationship started after I asked him about his ability to spare a pmag or two (he sent 4, for absolutely free!)

Damn, and I was already in a crappy mood today.

Pat Palmer was a man of integrity and honor, and he will be missed.

PM sent to you, pigman.

Gone too soon. We can console ourselves that there are many good men like him on this site. I read his obit and he seemed to be my kinda guy.

I for one am going to toast the man this evening with a shot of Crown Reserve, and one for him in the ground. Vaya con Dios Mr. Pat.

Pat was one on the most genuine people I've ever dealt with. He was selfless and taught me a a lot during our brief interaction. Last year, I noticed one of his posts on the Pay it Forward forum for a Burris PEPR mount. I posted that I would like it. In a mix up, he committed it to someone else without seeing my post. He apologized and I never thought twice about it, no worries. A day later I got a message that he felt bad and would like to make it right. He ended up sending me an ADM QD mount at no charge. He truly was the " salt of the earth". You will be greatly missed and I look forward to one day meeting you the Kingdom of God. God bless and rest in peace brother.

I can't believe that I missed this until now. I'm so saddened at this news. I had some dealing with Pat last year, and can't say enough as to the rareness of the quality of his Character. I am humbled to hear all the other fine things he did for folks here on the Hide, as well as in his professional life. The world is a better place because of him. He will be remembered.

He was anonymously mentioned in so many acts of kindness. It goes to show you that there are still some great people out there. Perhaps his passing can influence all of us to do what is right and help out our fellow man.

RIP Sir

Sad. It's rare to find people with such impressive character. It's a shame when they leave to soon.

Pat you will forever RIP, in my mind and heart. I had only one deal with this man, and from that began a very short friendship. I dealt with him on a Spuhr mount, offered to him if anytime he was near by to stop in and shoot, if jest an offer. From that short offer I was one of the ones he offered to anytime come use his families lake house. I did not know him, but between our emails became fond of such a trusting, sincere man. I got a call unaware of what was happening by someone that was in charge of handling his affairs to follow up on our deal, after all was said and done. If only I had known...I've dealt with alot of high character people from this site, non will ever touch this man in my book. Gods speed Pat.