• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RIP Ronnie James Dio

AZ15

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2005
Sonoran Desert, AZ
Had some good times rocking out to Dio back in the day. Good adrenaline pumping music, perfect for working out. RJD checked out this morning after a battle with stomach cancer.

Figured there might be one or two former or current metal heads on here.

Re: RIP Ronnie James Dio

Powerful voice, not your typical "front man" though.

dang that sucks. i just heard....all the good bands it seemed were playing just yesterday are all getting old! RIP

Saw Dio back in 83'. Great concert. RIP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pok</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Powerful voice, not your typical "front man" though. </div></div>
Yes, a seven-octave range I believe; I once heard he was actually opera-trained. Saw him do the Heaven & Hell and Mob Rules tour, I think he had more true evil in him than Ozzy; or maybe more showmanship. Very powerful voice, agreed.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5uNS91GN0H4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5uNS91GN0H4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SIGTWO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its a hoax . All though he has been suffering from stomach cancer, his wife wendy said today in a news conference at a Texas hospital that singer is in alot of pain but still alive and under going chemo.GOOGLE IT </div></div>

You might want to let her know that because she thinks he has passed as well

http://www.ronniejamesdio.com/

http://www.facebook.com/OfficialRonnieJamesDio

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SIGTWO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its a hoax . All though he has been suffering from stomach cancer, his wife wendy said today in a news conference at a Texas hospital that singer is in alot of pain but still alive and under going chemo.GOOGLE IT </div></div>

You might want to let her know that because she thinks he has passed as well

http://www.ronniejamesdio.com/

http://www.facebook.com/OfficialRonnieJamesDio </div></div>

Reminds me of an old joke

...Im looking for the widow Dio.

... I aint no widow Dio

... The fuck you aint.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">'lil Jimmy Norten is crying under the porch right now. RIP Dio. </div></div>

Hopefully hes alone, if you know what I mean.

If it were Ozzy he'd have to be put on suicide watch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pok</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">'lil Jimmy Norten is crying under the porch right now. RIP Dio. </div></div>

Hopefully hes alone, if you know what I mean.

If it were Ozzy he'd have to be put on suicide watch. </div></div>

He's always got Uncle Paul & Chip with him. No doubt, when Ozzy goes, there will be a monster rain of tears.

\m/
Rock and Roll will never die. The new generations ALWAYS go back to the oldest roots if only out of curiosity to see what it was or what it sounded like. Then they will listen because they are already hooked.
Dio rocked. The man could sing and put on a show that made so many panties drop the first three rows smelled like...well you get the ides. Always hated those long haired, satin pants wearing faggots that loved to look like little girly men bu tthat was how punk was back in the day. Dio, Wasp, Slayer, whoever, they never played fast enough, or had enough killer in their music. Somewhere in the 90's a band called Gun's and Roses came along. That shit was slow, bu tit freakin rocked. Hey, remember that Dio dude? Yeah, here's a CD. Cooool! The appreciation for the music was what it was all about.
Passing the vinyl on to Riki was pretty interesting. The kid was hooked and still even though the hardest of punks, listens to everything there from the classic strains of Bach to the newest wailing guitars and vocals of The Casualties or Devotchka's. Sam and Torin have their Guitar Hero, and the CD's Riki makes from the vinyl for them. Sam who never heard of The Offspring or Led Zeppellin(yeah right) until Guitar Hero is now a subject matter expert on The Offspring. His interest in all things rock and roll has been passed from Father to son and from oldest son to younger son. Rock And Roll will live on because somewhere in that collection is classic Dio.
The wailing guitars and vocals of 'Rainbow in the Dark', and 'Holy Diver' will be rocking the basement herein until the kids find another 'dead' band to fill thier intrest.
RIP Dio! Rock and Roll Will Never Die!

Sooner or later some die hard rocker that plays guitar and sings will take a few of his songs and do his thing with them. Just look at how many 'Sabbath' songs have been covered, and those by some serious bands. The Wizard, by the Bullring Brummies, Crazy Train(ozzy) by Twisted Sister, etc. There will be a good bit of music that lives on for Dio. Besides, how many of you guys have been wearing out your Dio CD's since yesterday. As I said, Rock and Roll never dies, and damn good front men are always eternalized.
Rock On Dio! Your music is already being covered and will continue to be played by those who live and breathe rock and roll

Killswitch Engage

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2jUkkhs3NCE&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2jUkkhs3NCE&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Mystic Force

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oOLTPFnDYKI&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oOLTPFnDYKI&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I knew there would be a tribute here so I walked back home. You see, about 8 days ago I felt a strong primal urge.

I waited until the sun went down, and then I walked naked into the woods…

Because we were going through a hot period, I found a nice stream with some cool water flowing and then tunneled into a crawdad hole, where I stayed throughout the hottest part of the day. In the late afternoon, I would crawl out covered with mud and then just find some sunny spot for it to dry. As it dried, it became a protective layer for my body so that I could hunt under old logs for worms and grubs, which as you might know, are quite tasty after 2 or 3 days without food. I carried only a small phone which I could use to check in with my CP during a 0900-0915 window each morning. One large glob of mud was used, as it dried, to create a small survival communication BOB that I wore high on my left shoulder so that it would not interfere with using my newly made atlatl to hunt. As I grew more comfortable hiding during the day in the stream, I moved to a wider area where the water was a bit deeper and I knew I could spear fish.

This morning, I watched someone approach so I had to switch to submerged mode in the hole. I had already considered the event when I had run the first task and purpose through my mind, so I simply grabbed the submersion reed I had stored on the bank and ducked under, drawing deep breaths through the reed. There is a lot that can be said for mission type orders! I remained like this for a few moments and was surprised to hear, or really – feel – a splash. The water was fairly clear so –to my growing amazement – I was able to see what appeared to be a naked woman below the water. Because my head was still covered in thick mud and a dye I had made using walnut husks, and because my new hide was under the branches of a hanging willow branch, I was able to slowly raise my head above the surface – Capt Benjamin L. Willard like- and watch her swim. I did not recognize her because my AO was over 70 miles from my start point, having moved as far as I could the first night. Apparently, some coed had decided to hike out into the wild IOT skinny dip. There is not much more to the story really. I thought that I had planned well, but, Murphy is always lurking nearby. Just as she was about to climb from the water, my phone started buzzing from where I had hidden it under a handmade bark and moss storage bin, so I stepped out of my hide and up on the bank to retrieve my phone. She openly stared, perhaps because I scared her but also probably because I am not part of the short-barrel crowd; but, I looked at the phone and saw that it was 0900, time to check in. It was at this point that I was told that Ronnie James Dio had died. It was surreal. There I stood at the top of a large pile of silverish creek rocks, each thoroughly embedded with fossilized creatures, with a beautiful maiden treading water in the stream below me. A song instantly flashed into my mind. I flashed her the devil’s horns and stepped off on the long road back to the trailer...

<span style="font-style: italic">Lift my spirit higher
Someones screaming my name
Come and make me holy again
Im the man on the silver mountain</span>
R.I.P.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wxxOPvLg7o0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wxxOPvLg7o0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I just heard the news a bit ago.
A sad loss!
For a guy the size of an elf...he had THE most powerful voice and style in metal.
RIP Ronnie!
"If you listen to fool's...the mob rules!"

He will be missed, my 13 yo daughter just started buying Dio cds, the torch has been passed.. At least I got to see him in the early 80s.

Rock on Ronny, Please say hi to Randy for me, I miss him too!!

Just saw this, like a rainbow in the dark.
Been a really screwed up week.

Switch, we wore out our Dio tapes, not cd's.

Respects to the man on the silver mountain.

Makes me feel like an older fart.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I knew there would be a tribute here so I walked back home. You see, about 8 days ago I felt a strong primal urge.

I waited until the sun went down, and then I walked naked into the woods…

Because we were going through a hot period, I found a nice stream with some cool water flowing and then tunneled into a crawdad hole, where I stayed throughout the hottest part of the day. In the late afternoon, I would crawl out covered with mud and then just find some sunny spot for it to dry. As it dried, it became a protective layer for my body so that I could hunt under old logs for worms and grubs, which as you might know, are quite tasty after 2 or 3 days without food. I carried only a small phone which I could use to check in with my CP during a 0900-0915 window each morning. One large glob of mud was used, as it dried, to create a small survival communication BOB that I wore high on my left shoulder so that it would not interfere with using my newly made atlatl to hunt. As I grew more comfortable hiding during the day in the stream, I moved to a wider area where the water was a bit deeper and I knew I could spear fish.

This morning, I watched someone approach so I had to switch to submerged mode in the hole. I had already considered the event when I had run the first task and purpose through my mind, so I simply grabbed the submersion reed I had stored on the bank and ducked under, drawing deep breaths through the reed. There is a lot that can be said for mission type orders! I remained like this for a few moments and was surprised to hear, or really – feel – a splash. The water was fairly clear so –to my growing amazement – I was able to see what appeared to be a naked woman below the water. Because my head was still covered in thick mud and a dye I had made using walnut husks, and because my new hide was under the branches of a hanging willow branch, I was able to slowly raise my head above the surface – Capt Benjamin L. Willard like- and watch her swim. I did not recognize her because my AO was over 70 miles from my start point, having moved as far as I could the first night. Apparently, some coed had decided to hike out into the wild IOT skinny dip. There is not much more to the story really. I thought that I had planned well, but, Murphy is always lurking nearby. Just as she was about to climb from the water, my phone started buzzing from where I had hidden it under a handmade bark and moss storage bin, so I stepped out of my hide and up on the bank to retrieve my phone. She openly stared, perhaps because I scared her but also probably because I am not part of the short-barrel crowd; but, I looked at the phone and saw that it was 0900, time to check in. It was at this point that I was told that Ronnie James Dio had died. It was surreal. There I stood at the top of a large pile of silverish creek rocks, each thoroughly embedded with fossilized creatures, with a beautiful maiden treading water in the stream below me. A song instantly flashed into my mind. I flashed her the devil’s horns and stepped off on the long road back to the trailer...

<span style="font-style: italic">Lift my spirit higher
Someones screaming my name
Come and make me holy again
Im the man on the silver mountain</span>
R.I.P.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wxxOPvLg7o0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wxxOPvLg7o0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

That's the coolest thing I've ever read on here.

Who would have imagined that Ozzy would outlive Dio?? Life really doesn't make much sense sometimes - nature just does what it does.

RIP!!

Thank heaven for Jack Black, a metalhead who is proud of it.

he is bringing the gospel to the masses.

Without 'School of Rock' I would not have re-discovered Led Zep.

Immigrant Song is THE most played song on my iPod.

From there I went back to Rainbow, Black Sabbath, ACDC and all of my old metal. I have the vinyl.

SHIT! I just realized I'm old.

Neil

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paduan Learner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank heaven for Jack Black, a metalhead who is proud of it.

he is bringing the gospel to the masses.
</div></div>

Tenacious D, being passed the torch
94233-43.jpg

I can't find the video where Dio is saying how he's not too old to rock, and has no intention of ever passing the torch.

I heard him first on "Rainbow in the Dark." Holy mackerel!

Rest easy Ronnie.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BugSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As if there were not enough reasons to hate these guys:

http://www.westborobaptistchurch.com/written/fliers/20100520_Ronnie-James-Dio-Funeral.pdf

</div></div>

They'll stop at nothing to get attention. Anyone else think they're just pissed because they have a church in Topeka, KS, <span style="font-weight: bold">666</span>04?

Also, this is classic.