• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RIP, Tucker

The dog was on the owners property, so the guy had no right and no sense to shoot it, even if he was so blind as to not recognize a coyote. I feel the owners loss.

As per Veer’s comment, I grew up in mid state New York where a dog running deer, especially on your own property could be shot with no repercussions.

Then there are the idiots that are at a shooting range and just cannot resist shooting at a live animal they see, because...they are idiots.

"Kreiser reported the incident to police. The Pennsylvania Game Commission took over the investigation and charged White with three violations: unlawful taking/possession of game or wildlife, damage to personal property, and unlawful hunting in a safety zone. White had made the shot within 150 yards of the Kreisers’ home.

White did not respond to a request for comment.

A member of the Jonestown Fish and Game Association said the organization is fully cooperating with the Game Commission’s investigation. He added White has been indefinitely suspended from the club and is no longer allowed on their premises."

That's a good start, but this moron needs to be wrapped in bacon and locked in a cage with a pack of hungry coyotes, so he'll remember what they look like.

I always thought of Tucker as more of an Australian Shepherd...

Sirhr

I can just see yours.

H_snert.jpg

Reactions: MarinePMI
I'm in no way on the side of this guy, but I see the charge for unlawful taking of game being thrown out of court . technically he shot a domesticated animal, it's not wildlife.
I don't known the laws in PA but you would think they would be some kind of cruelty to animal charge.

Ooops my bad. I thought we were discussing Really Inappropriate Posts by Tucker.
Anyway, this is what I thought Tucker the dog would look like. Certainly nothing like Wille E.
7AACF1BC-CAEE-4A5D-A247-8D3449BFC50B.jpeg

Having never been on that property or range, I would believe there is a bit more to this whole sad incident. Like maybe Mr. White was no longer on the range proper but maybe in the parking lot of other common area where firearms are not supposed to be discharged. Otherwise, I too am concerned that the privately held homeowner property is in the line of fire for the range.
Our range has a strict policy on shooting any animal. Deer, turkey and even coyotes are regular sightings during our monthly matches on an early Saturday morning. They are apparently deaf or just not unnerved by the sound of gunshots and the sonic crack of bullets over their heads.

If this piece of shit did this in Ohio he would be in deep shit because of "Goddards Law"
He would be looking at prison time

Mein Großvater wäre sehr enttäuscht gewesen, wenn jemand seinen Deutschen Schäferhund getötet hätte!

Sie für die Wehrmacht erzogen zu haben....

Then there are the idiots that are at a shooting range and just cannot resist shooting at a live animal they see, because...they are idiots.

I shoot on a military installation. Years back a guy killed a rattler on the range and talked about it to the wrong people. Federal charges.

We have all sorts of wildlife crossing the range. Buddy Bear will step out in the middle of a match and walk in front of the targets. Everyone stops and waits until he ambles by.

Takes a special kind of stupid.
A coyote looks nothing like a German Shepherd.

Wellll, yes and no. Not that it excuses this action in any way, or makes it any less stupid, but the article DOES say he was a “German Sheperd-mix” (ie not a purebred). Here’s a “German Shepherd-mix” that came through a few months ago that I think could quite easily be mistaken for Wile E.:

IMG_3954.jpg

Last edited:
In SC DNR encourages deer hunters to take coyotes when deer hunting. They say coyotes are detrimental to the deer population, but at the same time they will issues hundreds if not thousands of depredation tags to farmers where they can just shoot deer anytime day or night and just leave them where they shoot them. I still can't figure that one out.

In SC DNR encourages deer hunters to take coyotes when deer hunting. They say coyotes are detrimental to the deer population, but at the same time they will issues hundreds if not thousands of depredation tags to farmers where they can just shoot deer anytime day or night and just leave them where they shoot them. I still can't figure that one out.

I can't understand wasting venison.

Wellll, yes and no. Not that it excuses this action in any way, or makes it any less stupid, but the article DOES say he was a “German Sheperd-mix” (ie not a purebred). Here’s a “German Shepherd-mix” that came through a few months ago that I think could quite easily be mistaken for Wile E.:

View attachment 7247375

Nope not even close. And you are only showing me half of him.

If you can't identify a coyote as opposed to a dog, better not shoot him.
It's like fishing in the Florida keys, if you can't positively identify your fish, best throw them back.

I didn't say "I" couldn't identify him, but if he were my dog I'd sure be worried someone else might not could. (And I disagree with not-even-close. The other half you can't see had a bushy tail similar to a coyote). In person, this dog resembled a coyote. At 150 yards with an inexperienced "hunter," it would get shot.

Reactions: TACC
I didn't say "I" couldn't identify him, but if he were my dog I'd sure be worried someone else might not could. (And I disagree with not-even-close. The other half you can't see had a bushy tail similar to a coyote). In person, this dog resembled a coyote. At 150 yards with an inexperienced "hunter," it would get shot.

Calm down. Did you read what I wrote?
That first sentence, did you notice it's first person.
We have an English master hereabouts that may can help you, he is a smart mother fucker.

Read it again. And take some time to see if anything I said disagrees with you. As a matter of fact. You just repeated back to me, what I posted.

Totally calm, not upset with you in the least. It's just a discussion. But I did pretty well in English classes and have re-read and I'm still having a bit of trouble reconciling your first sentence that you pointed out ("Nope not even close") with not disagreeing with me (stated in your following post). But, we all have opinions, all good.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
There are no excuses for shooting a dog, because you thought it was a coyote.

Agreed. Off-topic, but have you hunted them at night with FLIR? Things get a lot less certain, and you have to be really sure of what you're doing.

Regardless of what it looked like, only a Fudd takes a shot like that in a residential area. Probably the kind of douche bag seen at every public range. You know, the guy with a bone stock R700 or Savage with a Tasco 3-9X on top. Bragging how he took a running ’Yote with one shot at 1000 yards.

Agreed. Off-topic, but have you hunted them at night with FLIR? Things get a lot less certain, and you have to be really sure of what you're doing.

No I don't own any FLIR. Now you are talking about an entirely different type of scenario.

I will amend my statement as well in which I said there was NO excuse. If one were using FLIR, I suppose you could make a mistake.

That, ain't this.

Right, it ain't this, and it really has nothing to do with this. Your statement just reminded me of some times when I wasn't really sure WHAT I was looking at, so you just keep watching. I don't own a unit either, but occasionally hunt with someone who does. You have to go a lot by how they move, sometimes. They move differently than a domestic dog.

If I was the dogs owner I’d be gift wrapping a can of whip ass right about now. There is NO excuse for taking that shot in a residential area REGARDLESS of whether it was a dog, coyote or whatever. The shooter make gun owners look stupid.

I shoot on a military installation. Years back a guy killed a rattler on the range and talked about it to the wrong people. Federal charges.

We have all sorts of wildlife crossing the range. Buddy Bear will step out in the middle of a match and walk in front of the targets. Everyone stops and waits until he ambles by.

Yeah, a rule every vet and every soldier knows is to "leave the wildlife the fuck alone" on a range. Coyote or not.

One wandered onto a .50 range, we were shooting the RWS on the Stryker. I was in the CV and had full control of the net but range control was in charge of the range. One guy in an ICV shot a coyote breaking it's back. Almost cut in half. Range control calls a cease fire, I guess they fully intended on stopping the range until it died.

I figured that was stupid, bureaucratic bullshit not taking events into consideration so I didn't pass on the cease fire order, instead I said "fire, fire, fire". The fucker disintegrated in a puff of pink mist when the next burst hit. Range control was pissed but what could they do?

You call a cease fire BEFORE the animal gets shot.

Some asshole years and years ago when the world was different shot my dog with a bb gun. They'd climb the tree behind the house, you could see puffs of dust and my dog would cry and run. They'd been warned. Probably shouldn't say what happened on here but suffice to say nobody died, nobody got hurt, but nobody ever shot at my fucking dog again either. Those neighbors? I think they stayed in a Motel 6 until they could sell the house. Persona non grata and all that shit.

Broken kids that torture animals I can give a break no matter how egregious... An adult that tortures or kills animals for no goddamn reason I can't stomach.

We have all these fucking BS laws, worthless paper really, when we need simple ones like "felony to fire outside range control flags".