• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RIP

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    If this has been posted Ill remove it.

The U.S. says the five men were U.S. Army Special Operations aviation soldiers conducting a routine refueling flight at the time of the crash. The Pentagon identified the deceased as the following:

• Chief Warrant Officer 3 Stephen R. Dwyer, 38, of Clarksville, Tennessee
    • Chief Warrant Officer 2 Shane M. Barnes, 34, of Sacramento, California
    • Staff Sgt. Tanner W. Grone, 26, of Gorham, New Hampshire
    • Sgt. Andrew P. Southard, 27, of Apache Junction, Arizona
    • Sgt. Cade M. Wolfe, 24, of Mankato, Minnesota

Thanks to God that we had these fine men in our world, if only for a little while. God bless them and their friends and families. They will meet again, someday. Trust me on that.

A) AR (arial refueling) while somewhat common place isn't easy. Weather/conditions can be a factor.
    B) Anything built by man in the sky is fighting gravity.
    C) Mechanical problems can happen anytime. Catastrophic component failures are the worst. Over water just makes it 1000% worse.
    D) Aircraft have struck the drouge (that circular thing behind the prop aircraft) which can create items listed in C above.
    E) There's the typical "black boxes" so the audio and mechanical information can be used to recreate the flight.
    F) Investigation is going to tell the commanders what happened. This WILL include a review of the flight data as well as any repair/mechanical work that happened.

I know cause I know. I've been there, done the work, seen other events, been in an event. It's not a good time for the Regiment regardless of your specific battalion. I just saw they recovered one body, pretty sure they said it was Staff Sgt. Tanner W. Grone. RIP brother. We will see you when we join you. Hope they can get the others back home.

A) AR (arial refueling) while somewhat common place isn't easy. Weather/conditions can be a factor.
    B) Anything built by man in the sky is fighting gravity.
    C) Mechanical problems can happen anytime. Catastrophic component failures are the worst. Over water just makes it 1000% worse.
    D) Aircraft have struck the drouge (that circular thing behind the prop aircraft) which can create items listed in C above.
    E) There's the typical "black boxes" so the audio and mechanical information can be used to recreate the flight.
    F) Investigation is going to tell the commanders what happened. This WILL include a review of the flight data as well as any repair/mechanical work that happened.

I know cause I know. I've been there, done the work, seen other events, been in an event. It's not a good time for the Regiment regardless of your specific battalion. I just saw they recovered one body, pretty sure they said it was Staff Sgt. Tanner W. Grone. RIP brother. We will see you when we join you. Hope they can get the others back home.
    I knew a Ranger who had been in two heli crashes. At 30, he was ready to retire from the Rangers. It happens.

Reactions: HeavyAssault