• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Ripples in the sand

Re: Ripples in the sand

Mine does the same thing, sure kicks up a lot of of dust so I just use my can and no more ripples
smile.gif

My .338WM doesn't have a brake on it, so the pattern looks different, but it still does interesting things to the ground around where I'm shooting
laugh.gif

Yeah. You should post a few photos of your pattern for comparison. Which reminds me - the recoil if this rifle reminds me of a 308 at most, maybe a 270 - can you equate your recoil to a familiar caliber since yours doesnt have a brake?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JDixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah. You should post a few photos of your pattern for comparison. Which reminds me - the recoil if this rifle reminds me of a 308 at most, maybe a 270 - can you equate your recoil to a familiar caliber since yours doesnt have a brake? </div></div>

Heh, mine definitly doesn't feel like a 308 when you let her rip. I'd say it's a bit lighter than a .375H&H, but sharper.

It's a Tikka M695 synthetic that is fantastic for tromping around in the bush up here, but isn't exactly a fun rifle to shoot on the range. It beats you up pretty good, especially if you're putting multiple rounds through it from prone, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. It's my go-to bear rifle.

Ever consider getting your hands on a brake that ports sideways only? it shouldn't as much 'cough, cough splatter, splatter'

I will be once I get the aftermarket tube. For now, no need - would require machining that would just go to waste when the bore was replaced.