• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Riser Rail Question

Tactical30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Eastern Ohio
I need to rise my scope on my AR-15. Right now it is on a Larue SPR-1.5 mount but I would like to have some more height. It feels like I am straining the way im looking thru the scope. I have a Magpul PRS stock so I will have no problem with comb height once I raise the scope. I was thinking of putting a A.R.M.S. #63 throw lever under the Larue mount. It is approx. 5" in length and the Larue mount is 5" in length. It seems like it will work perfect but I just have a feeling that there is going to be some mounting problems on the Riser to the Larue mount (arms throw lever clear the bottom part of the larue mount, notch under the larue mount matching up with a arms rail slot so they both line up right). I seen they have the #05 mount w/o the throw levers but it only has like 4 or 5 rail slots. The arms mount has a 3/4 rise and 5" long. Im sure someone else has has this problem, any ideas? The Badger Ordnance riser rail is to long - 5 3/8", I wouldnt be able to fit my BUIS and the mount on top of the upper. Does anyone know of any other Manufacturers that make a good riser rail for ARs?