• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Riton 5 Conquer 5-25x56 Review

TheMoondog

Private
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2020

Conquer is Riton's flagship long range rifle scope line with the 5 denoting this models magnification factor. This is the first Conquer scope Riton has sent me to test. I was eager to try one out since first seeing the newly redesigned line at SHOT Show 2023. All of their scopes now feature a unique twisted grove patter inspired by the rifle twist in the barrel of a firearm. This is not only stylish but the provides an aggressive contact pattern on their rings, knobs and turrets.

Looking through the scope, the image was clear and sharp with a warm tone bias. My camera saw chromatic aberration looking through the glass at 25x at 100yrds. Despite this, I was clearly able to make out .22LR bullet holes on paper; even the wrinkles on the paper target. Using the USAF-51 chart, its resolution was as good as any 25x scope I've tested.

This scope has a fairly unforgiving eye box. At 25x it has a fairly small exit pupal of 1.6mm. Tight eye boxes is a common experience I've had with Riton scopes. This is also a common complaint of most high power scopes under $1000 (the Arken EP5 is an example of that). The 5 Conquer has an MSRP of $959, which for the average rifle owner isn't cheap. But comparing it to the Leupold Mk5 which has a similar resolution performance, this scope is a value.

I can't speak to the long term durability of this scope, since I've only put it through a couple of mags of .22LR and 5.56. It has so far held zero. Riton's customer service is responsive and their optics have a transferable Lifetime warranty. The same can't be said of more expensive European brands.

Last edited: