• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Riton by Contessa Scope Rings

bb223

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2010
Anybody know if these are special run rings machined exclusively by Ray Charles?

I ordered and received a set of these shortly before Thanksgiving based exclusively on all the good things I read about Contessa's products.

First set comes and I can't even get the rings to fully seat on my Anarchy Outdoor's rail on my Ruger. I check the bottom of the rings and immediately see why:

UP0uUBN.jpg

I contact Riton and after a few weeks they finally send an RMA shipping label and say they will replace the rings under their warranty.

After a few more weeks the replacements finally come and the actually appear much nicer than the original pair, darker and smoother looking metal finish with shallow notches inside the ring body for extra grip on the scope tube, I'm thinking everything is good and I didn't waste over a month and 80 something dollars on worthless scope rings.

Then as soon as I turn the rings over, I'm greeting with this:

WxZU5Pe.jpg

The lugs aren't square to the ring body in this replacement set either. Granted it is far less crooked than the original pair, looking at it in person you can see right away they're wonky.

Out of curiosity I mounted the ring bottoms finger tight onto my scope rail (and this time they do seem to seat) and tried to put the scope in, the one ring won't even fully accept the scope tube and I don't want to force it and when I go to remove the scope it "springs" out.

These things are total junk, is this just a Riton by Contessa issue or has anyone had this problem with Contessa themselves? It's a shame because they're nice and heavy with seemingly solid cross bolt attachments while being less blocky than Mk4s but they just don't work. It's bizarre.

Given Riton's past reluctance to make good on their lifetime warranty and my 2 for 2 Junk Scope Ring Score, I think I'm SOL.

I hope this helps anyone considering these particular rings to look elsewhere and save yourself the headache.

Last edited:
Dude, get a refund, and save yourself the headache and get a set of Seekins Precision rings. 👍🏼

But if you’re not wanting to spend a lot on this project, the Arken HALO rings are pretty decent for the money. I have a few sets of their rings. They have them in 30 & 34mm.

Reactions: bb223
Dude, get a refund, and save yourself the headache and get a set of Seekins Precision rings. 👍🏼

But if you’re not wanting to spend a lot on this project, the Arken HALO rings are pretty decent for the money. I have a few sets of their rings. They have them in 30 & 34mm.
I was actually looking at those Seekins rings, also EGW is local-ish and seem good too. Let’s see how the whole “refund” thing goes considering Riton kept screwing around so much there’s no way I’m inside any kind of return window with the place I bought them.

I’ve never had such a bad experience with a gun accessory company. Maybe I’m lucky?

It’s still frustrating though.

I was actually looking at those Seekins rings, also EGW is local-ish and seem good too. Let’s see how the whole “refund” thing goes considering Riton kept screwing around so much there’s no way I’m inside any kind of return window with the place I bought them.

I’ve never had such a bad experience with a gun accessory company. Maybe I’m lucky?

It’s still frustrating though.
Call them. Don't wait for an email response.

Reactions: FuhQ