• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Riton mod 7 4-32x56ir anyone have any experience with these ?

Bratcher02

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2018
Elizabeth, IN
I’m looking for a quality scope for my cz457 a buddy of mine has the mod 5 but says the turrets don’t match up with the scope body witness mark on the scope was wondering if the mod 7 was better with little details like that seems to have quality glass hoping for the price it was decent just can’t find much online with reviews about it

I have one and like it. Very nice glass for the $$. Great reticle.

It tracks well and we have shot with it to 1083 so far. Hope to take it out farther soon. The $1400 price tag on their web site is MSRP, and can be found for less from a dealer, plus they are on sale, so you could probably find a new one for about $900ish +-

Yeah I bought one a few weeks maybe a month or 2 ago and it’s decent to me the 34 power is kind of useless as the eye box is very picky at that power but I normally don’t shoot at that power range anyways! But other than that it’s a nice scope for the price for sure wish they would get reticles like the one in it in the other power range scopes the 5-25 is more of what I was looking for but didn’t have a reticle I liked in it

Reactions: John Glidewell
I think you will see that this year, along with zero stops on more of their scopes. They were provided a bunch of feedback, so we will see if they take it to heart and are serious.

Yeah I bought one a few weeks maybe a month or 2 ago and it’s decent to me the 34 power is kind of useless as the eye box is very picky at that power but I normally don’t shoot at that power range anyways! But other than that it’s a nice scope for the price for sure wish they would get reticles like the one in it in the other power range scopes the 5-25 is more of what I was looking for but didn’t have a reticle I liked in it
I emailed them 3 months ago and they never got back to me. I asked them if the scope has " Made in Japan" on it or if its just on the box.

I have one. Good glass for the money, nice reticle. Turrets tracked great for me out to 1115. Yes, the eye box is a little picky at 34x, but I don't shoot it at that mag much, and I have an adjustable cheek piece so when I do I have a good cheek weld and it's not a major issue for me. Fairly compact and not very heavy. You might like the parallax for 22, it goes down to 15 yards, on the flip side there isn't a ton of adjustment on the high end. Yes, they are made in Japan. Pretty nice package for the money! Also I suck at picks through the scope. Glass is brighter than I can get a good pic of.

Attachments

• IMG_20190914_141820.jpg
    IMG_20190914_141820.jpg
    629.2 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20190914_141929.jpg
    IMG_20190914_141929.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: Pharmer909
Nope.

I talked to the owner of the Co and he said he had adequate sales off of YouTube and articles. Didn't seem like he was motivated to promote on this site.

From what I read it's just another LOW spec-ed scope.

For $1000 I would do something else.

From what I read it's just another LOW spec-ed scope.

For $1000 I would do something else.
I think it's actually a Japan Optics sourced scope but I'm not sure being from JO or LOW is a detriment to it. Virtually every scope manufacturer is sourcing either glass or the entire product from a factory in Japan, the Philippines, or Europe.

And while you may choose something else this scope does have a lot going for it at the $1299 price point- 8x mag range, 34mm main tube, throw lever on the power ring, FFP, zero stop, good tracking, decent reticle, decent to good optics for the money. It's a nice package.

Just an FYI, if I remember correctly, @lowlight mentioned Riton around episode 200 on the every day sniper. Initial impressions seemed ok. It was also just an initial impressions type thing. If you have expert voice look them up. You may find it worth your while.

Someone was selling one of these on ebay New for $800. Checked today and it was sold already

They are on sale right now. Their web site lists MSRP $$, not what you can buy them for right now. I am getting a couple more. I like them more than my Razor HD Gen2s.

They are on sale right now. Their web site lists MSRP $$, not what you can buy them for right now. I am getting a couple more. I like them more than my Razor HD Gen2s.

What do you like more about them?

I have one here,

It will take me about 30 days to knock anything out with it

but i can see this being a great option vs something like the Althon brand

All the OEMs are pretty similar and working out well for shooters. The question comes down to reticle,

If you like the reticle in your other brands, get it

Reactions: JaoeyP and Tunnuh
What do you like more about them?

Depth of clarity stood out. Looking at HS sign at 850 yards, more detail and depth/texture. I also like the dot more than the peep reticle. We compared it side by side with a number of scopes, Razor and PST Gen 2s, Leupold, Kahles, most higher end more common scopes for long range competitive shooting. It was cleaner / clearer than both Vortex scopes. It has a very simple zero stop and built in throw. For the $, hard to beat. I ran a tall target test on mine and found a consistent 2% error going to 10 mils in 2 mil increments. With that in computer, it tracked great. Again, for the $, very hard to beat.

Reactions: Tunnuh and JaoeyP
I have one. Good glass for the money, nice reticle. Turrets tracked great for me out to 1115. Yes, the eye box is a little picky at 34x, but I don't shoot it at that mag much, and I have an adjustable cheek piece so when I do I have a good cheek weld and it's not a major issue for me. Fairly compact and not very heavy. You might like the parallax for 22, it goes down to 15 yards, on the flip side there isn't a ton of adjustment on the high end. Yes, they are made in Japan. Pretty nice package for the money! Also I suck at picks through the scope. Glass is brighter than I can get a good pic of.
Yeah I agree i put it in my cz457 and it makes a great fit seems to track also

Reactions: JaoeyP
Someone was selling one of these on ebay New for $800. Checked today and it was sold already
I got mine for right under $900 on big daddy unlimited you have a $10 month charge with them but first month is $1 so you could sign up get the scope and cut it off if interested