• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ** RITON OPTICS ** --- any one use these scopes ??

Bungi

Private
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2012
I recently became aware of Riton scopes and I was wondering how many people are using them ... And how they like them.

I am specifically looking at the Mod 7 4-20x50

The descriptions of the "Mod 7" models make them sound like good quality scopes. Japanese HD/ED glass. Lots of adjustment. Also a great warranty -- Of course, the warranty is worthless if the company goes out of business.

I believe Riton claims the glass in their "Mod 7" models is similar in quality to the Vortex Razor scopes.

So .... does anyone have a Riton scope?

Thanks

What is the street price of this scope...

It is SFP? With a BDC reticle?

If its between $500-700 it has some proven competition against it.

They have an Athlon feel to me. Similar look, turrets, and reticles to some of the athlon anyway. I haven't seen much of them except in one local shop. The street price on the mod7 was like 1300 - 1400 at the shop... I think. That was the 5-25 though, and they had the 4-32 there as well. At that price, I'll let someone else be the Guinea pig.

The one I am looking at is the Mod 7 4-20-50.

Opticsplanet has them listed for $599

However, Riton offers a 40% discount for LE/MIL --- so it would be just under $500 to buy it from Riton directly with the discount.

Reactions: Ryridesmotox
I had a lower power (1-6x? 1-8x?) Mod 7 sent to make to make a lever for. Something was wonky about the glass. It was both crisp when you really focused, yet out of focus when just glancing through it. My employees thought the same thing when I had them look across the highway from our shop. Quality seemed good besides that glass weirdness, but we just used it to make a lever, didn't shoot with it.

I had a lower power (1-6x? 1-8x?) Mod 7 sent to make to make a lever for. Something was wonky about the glass. It was both crisp when you really focused, yet out of focus when just glancing through it. My employees thought the same thing when I had them look across the highway from our shop. Quality seemed good besides that glass weirdness, but we just used it to make a lever, didn't shoot with it.

Clean your shop windows... :) :)

Reactions: cafemike
i had a 1-5x24IR, it was a nice little scope. took it hunting and killed a deer with it on my .300blk. i liked the reticle in it

glass wasn't bad at all.

i also had their mod 7 5-25x56IR and never shot with it before i sold it. it was only mildot reticle and had MOA turrets which is why i got rid of it. (ordered the wrong one)

it was...okay for the money.

i'd atleast say they are worth trying but they won't be everyone's cup of tea.

i'd use one for a plinking gun, .22, minor hunting trips, or similar. but i don't know i'd compete with it or take it the mountains on a thousand dollar hunt.

that's my limited experience.

Attachments

• 45222313-F64E-4C24-8007-3803E31BF6EB.jpeg
    45222313-F64E-4C24-8007-3803E31BF6EB.jpeg
    722.3 KB · Views: 261
The limited reviews seem a bit underwhelming ... Not sure what I will do at this point.

Thanks for the replies.

I’ve got the 5-25 and it’s a good scope. Very Athlon-ish feel. Glass is pretty clear and it tracks well. I don’t use it much as it is MOA and I’ve switched over to Mils. But from what I remember, I didn’t have any complaints about it.

Reactions: Olen_4504
i also looked at the 5-25 -- but the 4-20 seemed to be the best fit for me.

I believe all of the Mod 7 models have the same glass, but I am not certain about this.

I've got the Mod 5 gen 2 5-25x50 and i like it pretty well. I've had Nightforce guys tell me that they'd shoot with of it and say that its pretty clear all the way out to 1000 yards which is where they can see a little bit of discoloration around the target. My complaints about it are that the lines on the turrets don't line up perfectly but are pretty tactile. The parallax turret also isn't very accurate with the markings so if you like to use the parallax to range targets, you might be a little offset since the infinity mark is necessary at 500 yards. The locking feature of the turrets is a bit weird because since they don't line up well, you have to kind of wiggle the turrets into the locked position. The turrets also don't have a rev counter which is pretty obnoxious but it's only really a pain when dialing 50 MOA.

Like the the first guy's entry (& on another thread learning about the company) I am interested in them and I found the RT-S Mod 7 4-32x56 IR interesting as well, but upon reading the comments just above here (of the turrets not lining up) am a little concerned about them. But I see on the thread "Riton mod 7 4-32x56ir anyone have any experience with these ?", that two guys said it tracked well for them. I read in another thread on the Hide that SHLow Light planned to review them. Looked for it but didn't find it; hopefully it comes out soon, as I am interested in how these scopes perform with in-depth testing. Thanks for sharing the info.

Last edited:
I like this brand because they are veteran-owned and operated. Depending on the price point their optics are made in the USA by Americans and they do their best to support jobs in America.

I like this brand because they are veteran-owned and operated. Depending on the price point their optics are made in the USA by Americans and they do their best to support jobs in America.

I like them too, nice entry level alternative. But the X5s and X7s are made in Japan and the rest in China.

I like them too, nice entry level alternative. But the X5s and X7s are made in Japan and the rest in China.

The last time I spoke with them, the X5s were assembled in China with Japanese glass while the X7s were made in Japan. It looks like they changed their model names, going from X7 to 7 Level.