• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Riton x3 3-15x44 any hands on?

Frankr

Private
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2012
WEST
Got a buddy looking at riton optics. He really likes my mod7 5-25 and is thinking of picking up a 3-15x44 for hunting.

Anyone have any experience with either x3 3-15 models?

Not particularly what you are asking but I have sold a few x1 primal 4-16x44 scopes and my customers love them. So much so that they have asked me to order about a dozen more. Customers use them for hunting. I have played around with one and it is impressive for the money.

That's interesting on the X1. Thanks for that info.

Archie01 keep me posted you post the review of it. I am curious how these will stack up against other "budget" scopes (i.e. PA, SF, Athlon, Bushnell and burris [lower end]).

My buddy in Kentucky got to look at one and he said it wasn't very impressive compared to other scopes they had in that price range. Sample size of 1 and not outside either.

The scope arrived tonight. I haven't mounted it but I'm impressed so far. The Riton is replacing a Vortex Diamondback Tactical and out of the box the Riton beats the Vortex. Turrets are better, come with flip caps, that are a bit flimsy but are still flip caps! The Riton also has a throw lever and illuminated reticale which the diamondback has neither.

The glass is clear and bright. I would say better than the Vortex as well.

Overall I'm impressed but I won't have a chance to shoot until the weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frankr