• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys GB CLOSED: River's Bend Gun Co Barreled Action Group Buy

TacT-MecH

The Mechanic with Tact
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2010
Missouri
River's Bend Logo.png

I've been talking to Jeff Hayes at Rivers Bend Gun Company and he's agreed to do a barreled action group buy for Snipershide members. He's offering to do 12 barreled actions. So here's what was discussed;

* Blueprinted Remington 700 .473 bolt face action
* Bartlein barrel with .250 recoil lug
* Badger Bolt Knob installed
* Tuned X-Mark Pro trigger 2.5#
* Muzzle threaded to 5/8-24 (unless customer wants a different thread)
* Actions will be Parkerized, Barrels are stainless and will be left in the white. Barrels can be bead blasted free of charge, Barrel length is up to the customer but can not exceed 26" in the #3 or M24/40. Max length on the medium Palma is 28".

Barrel/profile Choices
* .243 1-7.5t,#3, Med Palma,M24/40
* .264 1-8t, #3, Med Palma, M24/40
* .284 1-9t #3, Med Palma, M24/40
* .308 1-10t #3, Med Palma, M24/40

Stocks can be provided by the customer and bedded for an extra fee, but this COULD increase wait times. All barreled actions as mentioned above, are guaranteed to have less than a 4 week delivery time (unless you add custom options). If ordering a barreled action, all other gunsmithing associated with that barreled action will be discounted by 20%.

Prices are set at, $1250 plus actual shipping cost. A $500 deposit will be required to secure your build. Barrels will be chambered up in the sequence of the orders.

Please call the shop Monday-Friday 9-6pm CST 816-386-4021

River's Bend Logo.png

20200502_181330.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jetmd
What's the deal, is this still open? If interested, just call the shop direct? Not sure how group buys go on this forum.

Reactions: TacT-MecH
What's the deal, is this still open? If interested, just call the shop direct? Not sure how group buys go on this forum.
Yessir, just give them a call and tell them you saw it on here. 816-386-4021

Yessir, just give them a call and tell them you saw it on here. 816-386-4021
Cool. I will give them a call tomorrow morning. Probably hit them with a bunch of questions at the same time. I was going to buy another factory gun, but this seems like a good deal. Thanks.

Be sure to call and reserve your Barreled action today!
comica1588604477370.jpg

Be sure to call to reserve your barreled action today- 816-386-4021
comica1589477333203.jpg

Called the other day, Jeff was super helpful. Placed an order for one. Always bought factory rifles, looking forward to this.

Reactions: jetmd
Called the other day, Jeff was super helpful. Placed an order for one. Always bought factory rifles, looking forward to this.
You will be pleased. He does excellent work and treats every customer like a friend. Please post pictures when you recieve your barreled action.

Reactions: Tallahassee
I gave Jeff a call this morning to lock in my spot. He is a very nice and helpful guy, we discussed many options and upgrades. Thanks so much for making this available for us!!

I gave Jeff a call this morning to lock in my spot. He is a very nice and helpful guy, we discussed many options and upgrades. Thanks so much for making this available for us!!
He's a very talented gunsmith and a great person. He always makes time to help. It took some convincing but I'm very glad he finally relented. This group buy is an excellent way to show his talents. Thank you for showing support. Be sure to tell your friends and post your pictures when your barreled action gets delivered.

Reactions: B-LOT Banga
He's a very talented gunsmith and a great person. He always makes time to help. It took some convincing but I'm very glad he finally relented. This group buy is an excellent way to show his talents. Thank you for showing support. Be sure to tell your friends and post your pictures when your barreled action gets delivered.
Thank you sir I appreciate the opportunity. I upgraded my Bell & Carlson stock to a McMillan and had it laying on the side. I was just looking for an action to build another rifle as I have some extra parts especially the stock, but after doing the math I’m shocked he still had spaces left to fill. It seems like an awesome deal, I cannot wait to get it.

Finally got all the pieces together and the rattle can paint job is complete. I’m dying inside because life’s been too busy to get out with it yet! 😩

Attachments

• D5CAC86A-EC16-463A-8B4E-500B49953E2E.jpeg
    D5CAC86A-EC16-463A-8B4E-500B49953E2E.jpeg
    357.1 KB · Views: 129
  • 905706EA-ADFA-45DF-92F8-A8E9B57F0EEA.jpeg
    905706EA-ADFA-45DF-92F8-A8E9B57F0EEA.jpeg
    239.3 KB · Views: 132
Went out shooting last night.

One of the other shooters had a BA purchased from this group buy in 6.5CM

All I can say is Wow that rifle shoots! It was installed in a KRG chassis and he was
shooting factory Hornady 140eldm ammo.

It Rocks!!

Still a few available. Call today reserve yours. Lead times are short for these. 8163864021

There are only a few actions available before this Group Buy wraps up. Be sure to call Jeff and reserve yours.

Did some load testing with mine yesterday. It’s a beast and I know it’s capable of more than my skill level right now. Cannot wait to stretch its legs.

Attachments

• 5BCC5F60-4F2B-4FB0-83FC-E14148A5FF63.jpeg
    5BCC5F60-4F2B-4FB0-83FC-E14148A5FF63.jpeg
    501.2 KB · Views: 150
  • CC2A1953-2EA2-4CA3-8BDC-7CEE1159399D.jpeg
    CC2A1953-2EA2-4CA3-8BDC-7CEE1159399D.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 145
Picked mine up the other day. Looks very nice, just have to put some things together. Thanks again for putting this together.
Thank you and I really appreciate you putting this out there for us. Psyched on my rifle.
Not a problem, guys. It was my pleasure. I appreciate you guys helping out one of the good guys in the industry. Jeff is a stand up person and treats customers more like friends (as it should be). I'm lucky enough his shop is on my way home from work.

There are still a few actions left. Be sure to tell your friends to give him a call about taking advantage of this group buy and the 20% off.

Reactions: Dr. Davy Jones
Still some actions and barrels waiting for you caliber of choice!

Gentlemen and ladies, you don't want to miss out on this. Only a couple left and this group buy is all sewn up.
comica1589478693525.jpg

She’s a beaut!

Have stretched mine to 765 yds so far. Was able to get a nice hit on a 10.5x18” silhouette with my second shot. So satisfying.

Still doing a lot of chronograph testing with different temperatures, trying to collect enough data for accurate charts. There’s always more to do!

Pardon the garage, doing some work around the house, so it is extra full of crap. Anyways, had some time today, hopefully take it out sometime next week.

Last edited:
Jeff definitely knows his stuff. I'm not a great rifle group shooter, so the groups below are a testament to his work. I'm sure a better shooter could produce smaller groups. Can't wait to stretch her out at the long range.

I went with a 22'' M24 Profile 6.5 Creedmoor barrel, and had everything cerakoted in black. Groups were shot with factory Hornady 140 ELDM and a Dead Air Sandman S. Avg velocity was 2,716 ft/sec with a 12.8 s/d.

f26ion4.jpg

gp6UaOD.jpg

NhB6ihG.jpg

XhmR87V.jpg

Jeff definitely knows his stuff. I'm not a great rifle group shooter, so the groups below are a testament to his work. I'm sure a better shooter could produce smaller groups. Can't wait to stretch her out at the long range.

I went with a 22'' M24 Profile 6.5 Creedmoor barrel, and had everything cerakoted in black. Groups were shot with factory Hornady 140 ELDM and a Dead Air Sandman S. Avg velocity was 2,716 ft/sec with a 12.8 s/d.

f26ion4.jpg

gp6UaOD.jpg

NhB6ihG.jpg

XhmR87V.jpg

That some great shooting! Beautiful rifle.

f26ion4.jpg

gp6UaOD.jpg

NhB6ihG.jpg

XhmR87V.jpg
I am feeling the pressure now. Rifle looks awesome.

Reactions: Dr. Davy Jones
I am curious as to why Jeff isnt a vendor on here, it is great that he is hooking everyone up with a deal but there are several guys on here that offer the same thing and are registered vendors.

Wow, I move slow. Anyways, went to the range, about 30 rounds through it, shoots good. Shot three, had a feed issue (100% on me), shot two more. POI shifted when I got back behind the rifle, not sure why, but this is only my second time at the range in six months. So, consistency is not my friend right now.
Looking at the picture it may have been three and three, I need to start writing shit down.
2020-09-06 19.09.31 - Copy.jpg

Just dropping by to share my thanks with Jeff.
I should say that I'm impressed with my barreled action, but based on what I already knew about Jeff, I will just say that he fulfilled my high expectations. ;)
Cheers!

RBGC KRG.jpg