• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RL 22 and/or ? for 7mm mag

RobG

Douchebag Hauler
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2007
W. Sac, Kalifornia
I am going to have top backorder some powder and primers and just wait it out. I am shooting a 7 RM. I read tons of good stuff re: the 7 and RL 22. So, should I just order 5lbs of the 22 or mix and match with some other powders? This will be for a brand new barrel/chambering set-up so I have no idea what its going to like. Is 22 going to be all I really need shooting 162 Amax's?

Thanks

Re: RL 22 and/or ? for 7mm mag

Thanks guys. Order placed/back ordered. All I hear now is the faint sound of the "Final Jeopardy" theme song in my head
grin.gif

I get just a hair more out of 7mmMag with Re22 than I do with H4381sc.

The difference is academic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I get just a hair more out of 7mmMag with Re22 than I do with H4381sc.

The difference is academic. </div></div>

Good to know. I actually have 3 lbs of 4831, both IMR and Hodgson, although not the sc. Will try it as well.

Thanks

The best results I got out of my 7mm RM came with RE22. I wouldn't hesitate to go back to it.