• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RL550B Dillon press for .308 and 175 gr sierra mk

Re: RL550B Dillon press for .308 and 175 gr sierra mk

Yes.

Yes.

How is a typical single stage press more 'precise' than a progressive one? The machine is either made precisely, or it is not.

Match ammo isn't made by the press, it's made by a conscientious reloader.

Chris

Re: RL550B Dillon press for .308 and 175 gr sierra

Do a forum search on <+dillon +tubb>

Load all mine up on Mr. Dillons marvel! Too bad I can't shoot it as precisely as it is produced
cry.gif

The 175 SMK is the same as the what Sierra loads in their match ammo.

You get that thing setup yet? And is your rifle ready to shoot?!!!!!!

The only issue with loading on a progressive press is powder drop accuracy. The ability to drop exact charges every time is related to the powder and the size of the charge. Call Dillon and tell them what powder charge, and the powder, and they will tell you how accurately the powder drop will work. The higher the charge, the harder it is to be exact. On my 300 win mag, with 80.1gr of H1000 Dillon told me to expect around 0.5 grain of accuracy.

On my 223 load with the 650 press and 25.3 grains of H335, I get 0.1 gr accuracy on every drop.

Randy

That's what RCBS CHARGEMASTERS are for....................
wink.gif

I use a Harrell's on my 550 with the Dillon adapter. I get 1/10th accuracy with Varget and H-4064.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Two Shoes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's what RCBS CHARGEMASTERS are for....................
wink.gif
</div></div>
Mines inbound as we speak. I believe that a few years ago the US Palma ammunition was loaded on 2 550s and the next year on a 650 dillon.

The Hornady PM w/case activated drop has worked like a charm for me with Varget,H335, and BLC 2....my 3 mainstay powders... Onmy dual 450's.... I run the Hornady on one and a very polished Dillon on the other....