• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RMR height at 12 on Reptilia AUS 34mm 1.54” mount?

FatBoy

After 20 years, going anonymous..
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2001
TN
Anyone running a Reptilia RMR front ring cap on a 34mm AUS or Geissele 1.54” mount? If so, do you know the red dot height?

Same question with a 1.7” mount.

Trying to decide what mount I want to move the G3 1-10 into. Currently it’s in a 1.93 Badger, but I think I want the scope a little lower.

A friend has the Reptilia 1.54 mount but in 30mm with the RMR front cap. I don't know what the exact height is, but after shooting it this past weekend it felt to be close to the Unity Aimpoint micro height to me.

I'm not sure why manufacturers don't make this information more accessible in the same way their other ring and mount heights are. I've played hell trying to find info on the heights of the NF Multimount ring cap, Larue ring mount, and others'. Anyway, in my perusings I found this thread on TOS that applies to the Reptilia mount, albeit for 30mm scope tube but it's easy to adjust the dimensions for a 34mm tube:

Basicaly, it appears the 12:00 mount will add about 1.4" to your height over bore so in a 1.54" mount you're looking at 2.94" and 3.1" for a 1.70" mount.

I also found this regarding the Badger Ordnance C1 mounts for those that might be looking for that info too:

1695825820218.png

Reactions: FatBoy
So, “assuming” a 1.2” height from bore to top of pic rail, if I add the 2.96” or so to centerline of RMR with 1.54” rail I’d be at around 4.15”, give it take .1”. Current ACOG setup is about 4.25” with the Schaffer Machine mount so it’s gonna be so close I don’t know that I’ll notice a difference.

Really appreciate the help with this.

Chris

Works with the ACOG very well for me. I have been eyeballing an NX8 hard (for the reticle) but before I drop another $2k for something that will sit unused in the safe I want to try to tailor the 1-10 more to what I think I’ll like, instead of it sitting in the 1.93”. I don’t like the way it carries over distance and it’s tough on VTACs (probably lack of training). I’m If I’m going to waste money, $300-$400 for mounts is an easier sell.

If this does work for me, (let’s be honest, we’re talking about an early GWOT SPR setup so it does work) I will probably refit my mk12 with a front RMR over the 2.5-10 NXS. Problem is finding a ring cap for the old Badger rings. I don’t run Arms rings…. I could switch it to a uni-mount for the games, but I would love to run it like it sits now, but with the dot.

The 1.93" mounts were originally designed to fulfill a specific need back in the early 2000's and somewhere along the way some talking heads figured it was the greatest thing to ever grace a LPVO. I've been listening to a lot of podcasts and watching videos from the guys at Ridgeline Defense regarding scoped carbines and in one of them they made some very good points about the popularity of high mounts and why they aren't always the solution.

I think the 12:00 mount is a personal preference and there are some cases where it's the way to go, on my "recce" I'm running an offset red dot with a NXS 2.5-10 and love the set up.

Are you looking for a Badger ring cap with a pic rail like this one?

1695843499792.png

Reactions: Bakwa
The 1.93" mounts were originally designed to fulfill a specific need back in the early 2000's and somewhere along the way some talking heads figured it was the greatest thing to ever grace a LPVO. I've been listening to a lot of podcasts and watching videos from the guys at Ridgeline Defense regarding scoped carbines and in one of them they made some very good points about the popularity of high mounts and why they aren't always the solution.

I think the 12:00 mount is a personal preference and there are some cases where it's the way to go, on my "recce" I'm running an offset red dot with a NXS 2.5-10 and love the set up.

Are you looking for a Badger ring cap with a pic rail like this one?

View attachment 8236758

RE: assaulter mounts. Kyle Lamb also raised some questions as to why this height is trending. 1.93 is super comfy heads up for sure, and I’m used to the chin weld.

RE: ring cap. I think that may be it. I don’t think they made one for an RMR for 4 or 6 screw rings? The RMR pic base is going to add a lot of height though, which I had not considered.

I have run a 45* T Rex mount. It’s fast, but I found I like the top mount better with what I use it for with the obstacles and VTACs.

Last edited:
I don't recall seeing a ring cap from Badger that was specific to a RMR or Aimpoint, only the pic rail caps. Wilcox may have done one for the Badger mounts since they did one for the Nightforce rings but I'm not sure, all that stuff has been discontinued unfortunately. I tried the Badger pic rail cap with my NXS 2.5-10 and didn't like it, it was pretty high.

Here's that mount and pic rail cap with a Vortex 4-16X44 and Bushnell red dot. I can get a measurement later to the top of the pic rail.

1695846292682.png

I'm running the T-Rex Arms mount on my "recce", it's not bad at all.

You can run something like this if you have room on the tube

https://reptiliacorp.com/product/trijicon-rmr-rof-sar/
Fuckers don't make one for a 34mm tube, maybe they figure there won't be enough room.

Last edited:
Nightforce does carry a pic rail cap, but same deal. It’s not so much the cap as it is the red dot plate adapter raising the dot.

The AUS mount checks a lot of boxes for me. As much as I love all my Badger stuff, I realized how nice a smooth mount is when I swapped the ACOG to the Schaffer to get rid of those huge nuts that hung up on my kit. I haven’t noticed any issues with the 1/2” nuts hanging up on shit with the condition one mount, but if I’m going to buy another mount for this scope I want to be 100% sure I can configure it the way I want when I buy it. Those front rings and RMR plates seems to come in waves. They’re also two piece, which is probably just fine ( like the 45* mounts) but if I can get a solid one piece cap I prefer it.

I stayed away from the Multimount because NF couldn't give me the height for some reason, I emailed customer service about it and they sent me info for the diving board LRF mount which was disappointing because I provided the exact model number. When I responded back that that wasn't the info I had emailed about I never heard from them again so I figured it'd put the red dot too high up and moved on.

It's sad that a company like Strike Industries has a $143 mount with accessory ring cap options that can put a red dot at a L or R side 45° angle, at the 12:00, or run pic rail but NF is still behind the times on mount accessories.

fucking-embarrassing-coach.gif

If I could right now, I'd got with the AUS mounts. I've never had the 1/2" nuts be a problem on my Badger and NF mounts but I do like the Reptilia layout.

Anyone running a Reptilia RMR front ring cap on a 34mm AUS or Geissele 1.54” mount? If so, do you know the red dot height?

Same question with a 1.7” mount.

Trying to decide what mount I want to move the G3 1-10 into. Currently it’s in a 1.93 Badger, but I think I want the scope a little lower.
You are going to have a 4.29" HOB with the 1.54 and a 4.45" HOB with the 1.7.
That is with a Delta Point Pro, you might save a touch of height with an RMR.

You are going to have a 4.29" HOB with the 1.54 and a 4.45" HOB with the 1.7.
That is with a Delta Point Pro, you might save a touch of height with an RMR.

That is really close to what I’m running now with the ability to run NODs if I ever get around to buying a 14.

IMG_5556.jpeg