• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RMR Packaging

Money Waster

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2017
First post in a long time, but I’m getting into handguns and ordered an RMR to mount on a Walther PDP. It came yesterday in a sturdy looking plastic case, but when I opened it up it was as is shown in the photos below. This is my first Trijicon red dot, so I’m not familiar with their packaging. However, this just seems odd to me. It was purchased new from a fairly large vendor, so I can’t imagine it being used. I will say that the image through the glass is less clear than I expected and it had a fish-eye kind of distortion. It’s my first experience with this unit, so maybe that’s just what these are.

Attachments

• 742D15EF-DE90-4DAF-AADB-1F3ADAC05731.jpeg
    742D15EF-DE90-4DAF-AADB-1F3ADAC05731.jpeg
    628.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 47D383F7-A667-4FD2-9774-84300C38C19F.jpeg
    47D383F7-A667-4FD2-9774-84300C38C19F.jpeg
    590.1 KB · Views: 52
Yeah that’s how they ship
I appreciate the response. It just seemed odd to me. OTOH, most stuff is over-packaged anyway adding unnecessary cost to the item. The box is nice and will be used for something else once the optic is mounted.

Reactions: BurtG
I just received an SRO and it was packaged the same way.
Good to know as I’ll probably be getting one at some point. I like the FOV for a target pistol. I have a Shadow 2 for that, but I currently don’t have the cash for the Primary Machine slide. Debating on saving some money and just getting the stock slide milled, but I’ve heard that they are hard to do on that CZ platform.

Optics are like potato chips. You can’t stop at one. 😉